Earth Cam showing the Mall turned off

Deleted User 670

Unread post

The Earthcam showing the Mall and Lincoln Memorial were not working for some reason yesterday. However the street cameras on Penn Avenue, Independence Ave showed very small crowds all day long. I'm wondering if the White House ordered the cameras off so Trump wouldn't be embarrassed over the small turnout for his 'Love Me' military parade and fireworks.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/viewer ... isappears/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh geez.

USA Today claims thousands of people lined the streets.

This is yet another stupid thing to take issue over. Its a dang parade. Of all the things there are to take issue over this president - and there are plenty of valid things - this is what people pick. Its like they're looking for anything they can possibly whine about. This is partly why a lot of people are tired of the media.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:11 pm Oh geez.

This is yet another stupid thing to take issue over. Its a dang parade. Of all the things there are to take issue over this president - and there are plenty of valid things - this is what people pick. Its like they're looking for anything they can possibly whine about. This is partly why a lot of people are tired of the media.
Maybe so. But the 4th of July fireworks in DC generally draws hundreds of thousands of people annually. And EarthCam is not the media. It is a live stream camera that shows the National Mall and the Lincoln Memorial 24/7. Yet they mysteriously stopped working yesterday afternoon. And I'm not whining, I'm actually gloating Trumpy didn't get his military parade and his crowd was still smaller than previous 4th celebrations.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or they had electrical problems. And tbh I don't know what the weather is like in Washington. But in Florida we're frying.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Maybe so. But the 4th of July fireworks in DC generally draws hundreds of thousands of people annually. And EarthCam is not the media. It is a live stream camera that shows the National Mall and the Lincoln Memorial 24/7. Yet they mysteriously stopped working yesterday afternoon. And I'm not whining, I'm actually gloating Trumpy didn't get his military parade and his crowd was still smaller than previous 4th celebrations.

I'm really not at all surprised you're gloating. But gloating over this makes you look petty and childish, and like you don't have anything valid regarding your hatred for this guy. Sad that some people made this political. The same USA Today article I read said a lot of people on both sides made this political as well, showing support both for and against Trump. But then there were the families who were there who just made it about patriotism and enjoying and celebrating the day, some who claimed they cried being overcome with emotion in a way that previous celebrations had not made them feel. What a shame not everyone took that kind of viewpoint on the whole thing.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:29 pm Or they had electrical problems. And tbh I don't know what the weather is like in Washington. But in Florida we're frying.
It was raining and I think they were calling for Severe Thunderstorms. I know I would not be going to sit out and watch a parade in that weather. It was also hot and humid as well. Kind of thinking the weather had something to do with the turnout. Oh and I am Canadian, and not a supporter.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When we have people dying from lack of healthcare, homeless vets, and are locking babies in cages all supposedly because of lack of money, but we can blow millions on a parade, that is a huge issue to me.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:29 pm Or they had electrical problems. And tbh I don't know what the weather is like in Washington. But in Florida we're frying.
Lots of rain. One of the earthcams was showing a Russian parade.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm
It was raining and I think they were calling for Severe Thunderstorms. I know I would not be going to sit out and watch a parade in that weather. It was also hot and humid as well. Kind of thinking the weather had something to do with the turnout. Oh and I am Canadian, and not a supporter.
I'm American and while I wouldn't wish death on anyone if he happened to meet God tomorrow I wouldn't be too upset either.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm

When we have people dying from lack of healthcare, homeless vets, and are locking babies in cages all supposedly because of lack of money, but we can blow millions on a parade, that is a huge issue to me.
Giving billions to other countries, including the ones whose citizens are overwhelming our borders, while Americans go without is a huge issue to me and many others.
Locked Previous topicNext topic