Ex MIL actually tried to kill herself and she might not make it through

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Some of you have been reading my story on here/CM for awhile now. My ex husband died in a car crash. His parents went crazy when the kids and I made the decision to move. They went from being the grandparents that saw the kids on some holidays to wanting to go for grandparent rights to get custody or at least prevent the move. They lost in court and we cut them out of our lives. In the end we had to get restraining orders against them because of the constant harassment and them randomly showing up where we live. xFIL died back in September/October after having some stroke, one of which was while he was in jail for violating the restraining orders. The kids did not attend his funeral.

Back around Christmas/Holidays xMIL was getting all mad again that the kids were not around. She threatened to kill herself.

Well she did actually try to kill herself. She overdosed on Tylenol. Not sure if it has anything to do with the situation or what. The only reason I know is some distant family members were trying to convince me to convince the kids to go see her. They dont think she will make it because overdosing on Tylenol kills your liver and she is in bad shape.

I dont even think I am going to tell the kids at this point because they are so over the whole situation. They dont want anything to do with her and havent since she threatened them with the whole grandparent rights thing. I dont feel bad for her she did this to herself. I am sure that sounds horrible to those outside the situation but it is the truth. Just venting
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She sounds manipulative and I would keep the kids far away from her. I would also limit or stop contact completely with the family members who are sharing this information with you. They're only feeding into the drama.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think you're absolutely hideous and always have. If you wouldn't have ripped their last connection to their son away from them immediately after his death, none of this amped up behavior would have happened in the first place. You didn't even give these people a chance to grieve.

I don't blame her. Your cold behavior with your restraining orders likely did cause her husband's stroke and subsequent death. You've made it so that she will never see her grandchildren and have them completely turned against her.

Everyone is gone. In her spot I don't blame her for not wanting to live.

What you deserve is for your children to grow up, realize what you've done and deprived them of that they'll never be able to get back, and to leave you in the same state you've left this woman in...alone, with no one, kids gone and no access to your grandchildren.

You've taught them all of this time how to treat you. I can't fathom how someone can be so cold.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I remember and that you also got flak because some thought your ex-inlaws were acting out based on their grief of losing their son. It's a sad situation. While I feel for the MIL, you need to look out for the best interest of your kids.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My kids want nothing to do with them (as in anyone on their dads side of the family). They are adults now and the choice is up to them. They still want nothing to do with her because of her actions.

The move was about 3ish months after my ex died over the summer so the kids could finish school not immediate. Before the funeral they hadnt even spoken to their grandparents in over a year. I am not sure if you are not remembering the full story or if maybe you missed some of it.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am I think you're absolutely hideous and always have. If you wouldn't have ripped their last connection to their son away from them immediately after his death, none of this amped up behavior would have happened in the first place. You didn't even give these people a chance to grieve.

I don't blame her. Your cold behavior with your restraining orders likely did cause her husband's stroke and subsequent death. You've made it so that she will never see her grandchildren and have them completely turned against her.

What you deserve is for your children to grow up, realize what you've done and deprived them of that they'll never be able to get back, and to leave you in the same state you've left this woman in...alone, with no one, kids gone and no access to your grandchildren.

You've taught them all of this time how to treat you. I can't fathom how someone can be so cold.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am I think you're absolutely hideous and always have. If you wouldn't have ripped their last connection to their son away from them immediately after his death, none of this amped up behavior would have happened in the first place. You didn't even give these people a chance to grieve.

You are going to be the MIL from Hell.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Stop being so dramatic. She always offered to visit and stuff. That was not good enough for them
Anonymous 4

Unread post

One can NOT overdose from Tylenol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm One can NOT overdose from Tylenol.
I am not sure what you mean by that. People overdose on Tylenol all the time.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:51 pm One can NOT overdose from Tylenol.

I don't know if this is a troll post. I do know that overdosing on Tylenol can damage the liver so badly that a transplant may be required.
Locked Previous topicNext topic