Search feature

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is it gone or was it moved? I used to have the search box at the top of the page, just under the icons of messages and notifications and now it’s gone.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I removed it because some people were claiming that you could out an anonymous user by searching for certain keywords on their profile. I haven’t had time to sit down and look into it because I have a list of stuff I need to do or fix with the site plus kids and work. As soon as I figure it out I will activate the search box again 😊
🤓The Admin 🤓
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:35 pm I removed it because some people were claiming that you could out an anonymous user by searching for certain keywords on their profile. I haven’t had time to sit down and look into it because I have a list of stuff I need to do or fix with the site plus kids and work. As soon as I figure it out I will activate the search box again 😊
I think the search feature is a much more helpful, sensible tool to have on the board verses Anons. If I had to get rid of one, I'd remove anons.
KAG
Mean Girl
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m not getting rid of either, I just haven’t had the time to sit down and fix everything that needs fixed. I have a whole list of stuff and not enough time to do everything.
morgan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:16 am
12skipafew wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:35 pm I removed it because some people were claiming that you could out an anonymous user by searching for certain keywords on their profile. I haven’t had time to sit down and look into it because I have a list of stuff I need to do or fix with the site plus kids and work. As soon as I figure it out I will activate the search box again 😊
I think the search feature is a much more helpful, sensible tool to have on the board verses Anons. If I had to get rid of one, I'd remove anons.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The only problem for me is that I loved the search option to find Canadian content.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thank you!
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are you talking about the general search or from a user’s profile?

I used to be able to go to Morgan’s profile and see her posts and replies, finding one I was looking for, but saw that is gone.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s all tied to the same function so there are actually a lot of options that people used but were taken away when I disabled the search feature.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:17 pm

I used to be able to go to Morgan’s profile and see her posts and replies, finding one I was looking for, but saw that is gone.
🤓The Admin 🤓
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:24 pm It’s all tied to the same function so there are actually a lot of options that people used but were taken away when I disabled the search feature.

Makes sense, so it will come back at some point?
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve been trying to fix it myself but it’s above my experience level because the issue is really the anonymous extension which is an insanely complicated extension. The developer I hire when I can’t figure out issues (and the one who built the anonymous extension) has been mia but one of the moderators may have found a new one for us. Hopefully it will be back sooner than later. If you know anyone who has any experience with php, let me know lol.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 pm
12skipafew wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:24 pm It’s all tied to the same function so there are actually a lot of options that people used but were taken away when I disabled the search feature.

Makes sense, so it will come back at some point?
🤓The Admin 🤓
Locked Previous topicNext topic