Couch shopping help please

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Spookly wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:49 am Well, I'm poor as shit so my first place would be the resale shop.
You can also look on facebook marketplace. But try to get the really rich nice areas that are nearby, sometimes they give away nice looking couches for free ;D

If you're looking to buy, I donno what kind of shops you got around you. We have a nebraska furniture mart here and that's what I'd suggest. Or big lots, those are always nice and comfy <3
If I wasn't afraid of bed bugs I would probably do that.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I recently bought a couch from a whole sale retail place.
Google something like cheap furniture near me and see what pops up. I spent 600 on a small sectional.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Most of my furniture is from The Khazana. My daughter room is from rooms to go kids. I have a few pieces from IKEA for the guest suite.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Spookly wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:49 am Well, I'm poor as shit so my first place would be the resale shop.
You can also look on facebook marketplace. But try to get the really rich nice areas that are nearby, sometimes they give away nice looking couches for free ;D

If you're looking to buy, I donno what kind of shops you got around you. We have a nebraska furniture mart here and that's what I'd suggest. Or big lots, those are always nice and comfy <3
I’m no help here either all my couches were hand me downs. I got a nice leather couch with a couple scratches from a dog on it for free. I went to pick it up, he showed me the damage and was like do you still want it. Uh it’s free, that’s hardly noticeabld and it’s going in the kids playroom. Yes I still want it!
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I say big lots also. Now of course it is not high end furniture but it's inexpensive and will do the job. I have a see from there. It's fine.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:52 am
Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am I walked into an Urban Barn with swagger, and asked "got any floor models on clearance?" and walked away with a gorgeous couch they had accidentally double ordered, 50% off.
it was a $1600 couch, got it for $800, the cushions latch onto the couches they don't move, its big and comfy and modern....love it
I've never heard of that store but I like your technique.

their stuff is pretty much MCM style, you should google it, it may just be a Canadian thing though

did you find something you liked btw?
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They have cheap but decent couches at Big Lots.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

IKEA all day long!!!
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
LanierSyreni
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I’m about to be couch shopping too. Actually I’m basically going to be buying furniture for an entire house, all except my bedroom furniture and office furniture.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 pm
bmw29 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:52 am
Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am I walked into an Urban Barn with swagger, and asked "got any floor models on clearance?" and walked away with a gorgeous couch they had accidentally double ordered, 50% off.
it was a $1600 couch, got it for $800, the cushions latch onto the couches they don't move, its big and comfy and modern....love it
I've never heard of that store but I like your technique.

their stuff is pretty much MCM style, you should google it, it may just be a Canadian thing though

did you find something you liked btw?
No! Not yet. I'm still looking but I'm getting annoyed. LOL Nobody ever sits in there so I'm going to take my time so I don't end up with yet another couch I absolutely hate.
Locked Previous topicNext topic