IMPORTANT: DO NOT COPY AND PASTE ENTIRE ARTICLES

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

From now on when you want to share an article, please only summarize the article and post a link.

DO NOT copy and paste the entire article because this causes the site to break DMCA laws which has gotten us (well technically me) into trouble.

News articles are protected by copyright protection and DMCA laws. This means that while you can summarize and link to an article, you cannot copy and paste an entire article even if you post the source link at the end of the article.

We have been called out by Google because of it. This is affecting both monetization and indexing (being able to find momconfessions on Google Search.)

I have no idea how Cafemom was able to get away with this but I’ve been called out about it.

Sorry for the inconvenience this will have, especially with the News and Politics group.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sorry!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well damn! I like being able to read an article without clinking a link, but I guess I can understand why you can't copy and paste.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s my fault, I knew the law but I thought we would be ok as long as the source link was somewhere on the post. Apparently, I was wrong about that and should have looked into it more before.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 amSorry!
🤓The Admin 🤓
MuggleMama
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Can you just cite the source ?
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Understood. Sorry you got into trouble for it!
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Even with a link, you can’t copy and paste the entire article. I thought with a link back to the original article we would be good but that’s not the case.
MuggleMama wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 am Can you just cite the source ?
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the best way to get around that is to screenshot the article and then link back to the original article.
Mommy_jules wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 am Well damn! I like being able to read an article without clinking a link, but I guess I can understand why you can't copy and paste.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anon

Unread post

Cafemom said that as long as we posted the link then we could post the article , recipes or whatever info we were posting. I asked the admins because someone had c&p some recipes in my post without posting the link. They received a pm from cafemom because the admins deleted their replies.
So to be clear, we cant post recipes, news articles or any information now but just the link?
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:40 pm Cafemom said that as long as we posted the link then we could post the article , recipes or whatever info we were posting. I asked the admins because someone had c&p some recipes in my post without posting the link. They received a pm from cafemom because the admins deleted their replies.
So to be clear, we cant post recipes, news articles or any information now but just the link?
You can post a small part like an introduction or a summary and then post the link. I would think recipes are different but skip might be able to answer that better. You just can’t copy and paste the entire article.
Locked Previous topicNext topic