Well I’m not ok with this!

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:14 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:50 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:26 pm Never too early to start learning to walk in heels. It's a necessary skill. And she is beautiful
You need to look up what that word (necessary) means
I know what it means. Many jobs still in this day and age require women to wear heels
What jobs?

Even if "many" jobs require it that doesnt mean it is a necessary skill.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:15 pm
Guest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:50 pm

You need to look up what that word (necessary) means
I know what it means. Many jobs still in this day and age require women to wear heels
What jobs?

It is a necessary skill if your job requires it and you can't walk without falling in them. Many corporate jobs still expect women to wear heels. I was just talking to one of my lawyers and she said she has to wear heels when doing official things like being in the courtroom or at depositions etc. She is expected to wear a ladies suit and heels and make up.

Jobs that work with the public sometimes require heels like saleswomen or hostess or concierge. If you are attending a black tie event women are typically supposed to wear heels.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:19 pm

What jobs?

It is a necessary skill if your job requires it and you can't walk without falling in them. Many corporate jobs still expect women to wear heels. I was just talking to one of my lawyers and she said she has to wear heels when doing official things like being in the courtroom or at depositions etc. She is expected to wear a ladies suit and heels and make up.

Jobs that work with the public sometimes require heels like saleswomen or hostess or concierge. If you are attending a black tie event women are typically supposed to wear heels.
Those are a few examples. What are the many jobs that require women to where heels?

I have never heard of those jobs requiring it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:24 pm

What jobs?

Those are a few examples. What are the many jobs that require women to where heels?

there are a million corporate jobs out there and most do require women to wear heels

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:27 pm

there are a million corporate jobs out there and most do require women to wear heels
Id love to read the policy that requires it. Will you please post one?

Not everyone can wear high heels.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:30 pm

gladly

https://fairygodboss.com/articles/high- ... f-our-jobs article about a woman getting in trouble at work for not wearing heels

"Women working in hospitality, catering, air travel and other sectors are often required to wear heels as part of their uniform. " comes from this article https://money.cnn.com/2016/05/13/news/h ... index.html

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:36 pm

gladly

https://fairygodboss.com/articles/high- ... f-our-jobs article about a woman getting in trouble at work for not wearing heels

"Women working in hospitality, catering, air travel and other sectors are often required to wear heels as part of their uniform. " comes from this article https://money.cnn.com/2016/05/13/news/h ... index.html

No I meant the actual policy

Again not everyone can wear them so I want to see what their policy says for that.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:38 pm

gladly

Again not everyone can wear them so I want to see what their policy says for that.
well in the article if you read it -the policy says they are expected to have a certain standard of dress and heels is implied in that. She did not wear them and ended up getting in trouble at work.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:41 pm

well in the article if you read it -the policy says they are expected to have a certain standard of dress and heels is implied in that. She did not wear them and ended up getting in trouble at work.
I dont care about a random article. You said there are millions of jobs that require it. I tried to google and I couldnt find one. Please post a policy.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:12 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:41 pm

I dont care about a random article. You said there are millions of jobs that require it. I tried to google and I couldnt find one. Please post a policy.
its not a random article. Actually this case ended up going to court to decide if it was legal to require women to wear heels to work in the UK and I think she lost.
Locked Previous topicNext topic