After more than $18,000 I am finally not a US citizen

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am so excited to no longer be part of such a fucked up place. No one should have to pay that much to give up citizenship, especially when they never had the choice in being a citizen there in the first place.

That money doesn't even count all the taxes I paid that I never benefited from.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Take that up with your parents! lol

There are plenty of more fucked up places than the US.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OK.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Want a cookie?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:28 pm Take that up with your parents! lol

My parents regret ever applying for my citizenship. Other places being fucked up doesn't mean the US isn't fucked up too.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

It's fucked up that Congress has made it that hard to give up your citizenship. It shouldn't cost any more than the fee required to process the paperwork.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:29 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:28 pm Take that up with your parents! lol

My parents regret ever applying for my citizenship. Other places being fucked up doesn't mean the US isn't fucked up too.
You are entitled to your opinion. I wouldn’t want to be a dual citizen or pay taxes to a country I didn’t live in or like, either. But I think you are being a tad dramatic. Tell is what country you live in that isn’t fucked up, because I doubt it’s as great and the US is as terrible in comparison as you think!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Congrats! I have a while still before I can give mine up (emigrant), and I haven't decided 100% yet, but I can appreciate what a huge deal it is!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:25 pm I am so excited to no longer be part of such a fucked up place. No one should have to pay that much to give up citizenship, especially when they never had the choice in being a citizen there in the first place.

That money doesn't even count all the taxes I paid that I never benefited from.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:36 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:29 pm

You are entitled to your opinion. I wouldn’t want to be a dual citizen or pay taxes to a country I didn’t live in or like, either. But I think you are being a tad dramatic. Tell is what country you live in that isn’t fucked up, because I doubt it’s as great and the US is as terrible in comparison as you think!
I am in Australia.
Everywhere is somewhat fucked up. That doesn't take away from the fact that the US is the only place that charges outrageously to get rid of citizenship and it isn't even a guarantee. I applied multiple times. I've never even been there and I've had to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Congrats.
Locked Previous topicNext topic