Does anyone dye their kid’s hair bright colors...update

sweetbearshunny
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Is there a semi permanent dye that’s less messy than splat!? I dyed my 7 yr old’s hair last summer pink with Splat! and it was so messy. The color ran and bled for a long time (weeks) and the process itself was really messy. Worse than regular hair dye. There’s a Sally’s Beauty Supply about a half hour away and I’m going to go there but what should I look for? My 7 yr old wants purple this summer if it makes a difference.

Update

I bought two different purples at Sally’s both Wella Color Charm Paints. I mixed them and it came out amazing. (They only had two purple in stock and they were different shades) There’s not much bleeding and the application wasn’t super messy. She loves it. My youngest picked out orange. I have no clue why but I let her and it came out really good too. She’s been looking in every mirror in the house because she loves her hair. Both of them were light blonde to begin with so no bleaching.
Attachments
F9470BCF-9D23-4782-BED4-24F4336DF227.jpeg
0F922659-B920-41BA-B8C1-CA9B3DCE50D0.jpeg
3A45CD2C-23B9-455F-8A59-8851E5AD4284.jpeg
Deleted User 670

Unread post

sweetbearshunny wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:08 pm Is there a semi permanent dye that’s less messy than splat!? I dyed my 7 yr old’s hair last summer pink with Splat! and it was so messy. The color ran and bled for a long time (weeks) and the process itself was really messy. Worse than regular hair dye. There’s a Sally’s Beauty Supply about a half hour away and I’m going to go there but what should I look for? My 7 yr old wants purple this summer if it makes a difference.
I used splat last summer and mixed it with cheap conditioner. Yeah it does run afterwards. Pravana Locked In is supposed to not bleed. We'll have to try that next time. I already have 2 boxes of Splat Lusty Lavender for her hair. We also have purple bath towels just for her.

Dawn soap will take the dye out of clothing, as will Dr. Bonner Sal Suds and probably adding Trisodium phosphate to the laundry.
Kayelynnesmommy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Pravana is a professional product so I am not sure you can access it without a license. Sally’s has several brands of color that are semipermanent and the fun colors. Wella is great and the ion, the beyond the zone is messy and the manic panic is too. I am a hairstylist if you have anymore questions!
“It’s not the years in your life, it’s the life in your years.” - Abraham Lincoln
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

What about Manic Panic. It's what I used as a teen.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Tinse
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Years ago, when I was younger, I used Jello.

https://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Hair-With-Jell-O (This article rambles on and on - warning)

Kool Aid is supposed to work as well.

I did the ol' magic marker trick as well.

Another thing you might want to look into is to check your local pharmacy or dollar store. Those places often sell fake hair extensions in all sorts of colours. I had three pale pink ones here for a while just sitting near the computer desk doing nothing.

DH noticed them and informed me that I was too old to wear them.

Then the extensions mysteriously disappeared! I really believe that he thought I was going to affix them to my aging skull just to embarrass him! :D
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Kayelynnesmommy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 pm Pravana is a professional product so I am not sure you can access it without a license. Sally’s has several brands of color that are semipermanent and the fun colors. Wella is great and the ion, the beyond the zone is messy and the manic panic is too. I am a hairstylist if you have anymore questions!
You can order it on amazon, you can buy it at Ulta.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... +locked+in
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm waiting for them to come to me about it first. My niece5 told me she wanted purple hair after she saw mine and I told her that if she got permission from her parents then I would color her hair. :)

I'd use a temp dye from loreal, the color me whatever it's called.
sweetbearshunny
Villein
Villein

Unread post

...I have no clue why my pics are sideways.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not something we allow but cute on your kids.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We do semi permanent color over summer break. DS's hair was bright blue, now it's fading, but I'll reset it in a few days.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Locked Previous topicNext topic