I've never been so annoyed by a children's show

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 am
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 am It's a cartoon. Period. End of story. Get over it. Bluey is a great 7 minute cartoon. There are a lot of great lessons in a 7 minute cartoon and the parents are super plugged in to Bluey and Bingo and teach them in every episode. I haven't seen that episode yet since it just dropped last week I believe, but again..it's. a. cartoon. Getting so worked up over it is silly IMO.
They aren’t “silly” for being annoyed that what was supposed to be an opportunity to help their kids through the move has just added additional stress to already very stressed out parents going through a very hard time. When you’re in that situation, you can tell people to “get over it.”
Let me rephase- YOUR fake outrage is asinine and silly. YOU need to get over it. It's a freaking cartoon. IF they are bothered, that's on them. Maybe they shouldn't put so much on a cartoon..
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

All this over a children's cartoon?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 am
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 am It's a cartoon. Period. End of story. Get over it. Bluey is a great 7 minute cartoon. There are a lot of great lessons in a 7 minute cartoon and the parents are super plugged in to Bluey and Bingo and teach them in every episode. I haven't seen that episode yet since it just dropped last week I believe, but again..it's. a. cartoon. Getting so worked up over it is silly IMO.
They aren’t “silly” for being annoyed that what was supposed to be an opportunity to help their kids through the move has just added additional stress to already very stressed out parents going through a very hard time. When you’re in that situation, you can tell people to “get over it.”
Let me rephase- YOUR fake outrage is asinine and silly. YOU need to get over it. It's a freaking cartoon. IF they are bothered, that's on them. Maybe they shouldn't put so much on a cartoon..
Exactly - it it is not a cartoons job to parent the children, a parent needs to explain what is happening to the child.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 am I don't have little kids anymore so of course I didn't watch it. But this is the first negative review I've seen. All of the other feedback has been positive. Parents and kids loved it, they were crying happy tears etc. Many of the news outlets gave it positive reviews as well. This is a one off situation.
After what they told me, I was looking up reviews of the episode and saw a lot of parents felt the same way, especially military families. Bluey has always been known for its accurate depictions of parenthood and the lessons it teaches, so people were just surprised that they would take a situation many kids go through and end it with something that just wouldn’t happen.
No. There is one negative article written by a military family magazine who was upset at the episode because of an extremely rare circumstance. Much of like what you are doing here in comparing it to childhood cancer and moving.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Agree. And I wouldn't be surprised if this was a made up post just to put a spin on the dumb cartoon.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You know what’s weird about the society we’ve created for ourselves?

Is that anytime a woman shares something that bothers her, she’s immediately told to shut up…and those people expect the same… they know that if they share something that bothers them, they’ll be told to shut up and sit down also.

As though we want to create a society where women are seen and not heard.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The last minute or 2 of an almost 30 minute show (this was a special episode) may have been a little unrealistic, but the Heeler family were not moving because of the military or because they had to downsize. They are moving because Bandit, the dad, was offered a better job. You can tell he is having second thoughts throughout the show. Chili, the mom, is definitely questioning the decision. It’s a similar trope in other shows. Nobody wants to move, but parents think more money, better job means better for the family. At the last minute, the buyers back out, and the Heeler family decide to stay. From start to finish, there is so much more to focus on than the fact that they chose to stay. Bluey being upset and trying to come to terms with it, her teacher and classmates consoling her, Bluey consoling her sister when she finally understands what selling their home means, Chili being a good friend to her friend who is to become her SIL, the soon to be newly weds figuring out how to communicate better, you miss all of that for the last maybe 2 minutes if you focus on them staying.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Antecedent event
Behavior in reacting to antecedent event.
Consequences

The TV show has no control over how you react to it. Learn to react differently. Only you control your inner emotions.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 am You know what’s weird about the society we’ve created for ourselves?

Is that anytime a woman shares something that bothers her, she’s immediately told to shut up…and those people expect the same… they know that if they share something that bothers them, they’ll be told to shut up and sit down also.

As though we want to create a society where women are seen and not heard.
Nobody has told her to shut up just that she's taking it over the top. There's so many situations this could apply to.
Babies don't always survive childbirth. Nor do mothers.
Parents don't always survive car accidents.
Dad's don't always come home at the end of the day.
People don't always have a house to live in.
I could go on. It's why it's important to teach your kids that tv is not real and you shouldn't expect what happens on it to happen to you.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It isn’t “fake outrage” and yes I am annoyed that my friends now have this added level of stress on them when they already have been through so much. Sue me for being empathetic for others.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic