What would your DD do?

Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:36 am She loves the teacher and is excited for the class, but does not want to be the only girl.
It might be worth your raising the issue directly with the teacher, before the class starts, and find out what the teacher says.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wouldn't give it a second thought. She'd be there to learn what she's interested in. (She said she wouldn't care if she were the only girl... boys, zebras, horses, doesn't matter)
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your school doesn't seem to take sexual harassment very seriously. I'd be a pain to the school, the class, the teacher, the superintendent, EVERYONE who wasn't doing enough about the issue.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:41 pm Your school doesn't seem to take sexual harassment very seriously. I'd be a pain to the school, the class, the teacher, the superintendent, EVERYONE who wasn't doing enough about the issue.
What? There in n o sexual harassment going on...
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:37 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:41 pm Your school doesn't seem to take sexual harassment very seriously. I'd be a pain to the school, the class, the teacher, the superintendent, EVERYONE who wasn't doing enough about the issue.
What? There in n o sexual harassment going on...
I'm the only one who mentioned sexual harassment, I'm guessing she meant to quote me. The school can't take seriously what isn't reported to them. If she didn't report it to me, I'm guessing she didn't tell anyone at the school, either. Like I said, that was a weird year for her.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some kids can be the “only” and others can’t. But a group of anyone isn’t great.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I can't see my stepdaughter ever being stopped from doing anything just because she'd be the only girl doing it. She would probably get a kick out of it.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My daughter was the only girl in her welding class, I don’t think it ever occurred to any of us that it was odd 🤷🏻‍♀️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic