Cardboard cutouts of dead people

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I mean it's a lot better than some old Victorian practices regarding dead including post mortem photography, mummy parties, or coffin juice.......a cardboard cutout seems relatively harmless in the grand scheme of things. Annoying perhaps....but at least they aren't digging up his body or bringing his ashes to the family BBQ hidden in the macaroni. KWIM
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:10 am While odd, that is their way to cope. Who are you to tell someone else what they are doing is wrong? Don't like it? Don't participate. It's up to your dh if he wants to make a big deal over it as it was his dad as well, not yours. jmo.
All of my children are bothered by it. My oldest 2 are the only grandkids that remember fil and they don't like it at all. So I am going to take my children and leave anytime the cutout comes out. I have over 1/3 of the grandkids. I don't think mil will like the kids leaving. But at this point, I don't care because no one else cares about others feelings regarding the cutout.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:30 pm
jas wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:10 am While odd, that is their way to cope. Who are you to tell someone else what they are doing is wrong? Don't like it? Don't participate. It's up to your dh if he wants to make a big deal over it as it was his dad as well, not yours. jmo.
All of my children are bothered by it. My oldest 2 are the only grandkids that remember fil and they don't like it at all. So I am going to take my children and leave anytime the cutout comes out. I have over 1/3 of the grandkids. I don't think mil will like the kids leaving. But at this point, I don't care because no one else cares about others feelings regarding the cutout.
Care goes both ways. Your dh should have that conversation with his family if he is that bothered.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It sounds like your BIL need to see a grief counsellor. While this is his way of coping it's not really a healthy way and is affecting other people. Your Dh needs to have a talk with his brother and mother.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So many years later, yes I think this is weird. I can accept that maybe it was dark humor weird in the beginning, but so many years on? I’d be gently suggesting therapy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic