Questions about coffee…

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:08 pm I'm one of those weird people who doesn't drink coffee.
I just started drinking coffee this year at the age of 47. Why I have no idea.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Kauai coffee, about $30 for 24oz of whole beans, medium roast. I use a drip coffee marker. With 4 dogs, home schooling Dd, plus work it just makes it easier for me in the morning to have it ready and auto brew, though I’m sure I’m not doing the beans justice this way. I prefer to use course grounds. I drink my coffee unsweetened with a splash of milk.

I’m a very frugal shopper, but things like fair trade and sustainability are important to me so I am willing to spend more for that.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I like to order Kona direct from Hawaii but it's expensive and I only do that at Christmas. Otherwise I only buy regular coffee from a local kitchen store in our downtown area (Brazilian Sol de Minos, I believe) for most of the year.

My dear husband loved to smell it brewing, hated to taste coffee, but loved it when I got a latte with lots of whipped cream so he could scoop up fingerfuls of it. I always laughed when he got a scoop "contaminated" with actual coffee. Bless him!
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am not picky.

I am currently sipping down some instant coffee because I had to be somewhere super early.

I don’t have a favorite brand/blend so I just buy whatever. Sometimes it’s what’s cheaper, sometimes it’s what is closer. For me it’s about the creamers, and syrups.

And I have an electric tea kettle for the instant and a regular coffee pot and individual pod combination for everything else.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ah, coffee! I love it so much. We use a French press and with the crema it's the best coffee in the world. However I went screwy and can't drink coffee any more. A half hour later my blood sugar drops like a stone and I'm like to faint. I had to give it up.

My husband still makes coffee and if I am careful I can share a tiny sip of his. That's enough though, that great flavor comes through.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:36 am Ah, coffee! I love it so much. We use a French press and with the crema it's the best coffee in the world. However I went screwy and can't drink coffee any more. A half hour later my blood sugar drops like a stone and I'm like to faint. I had to give it up.

My husband still makes coffee and if I am careful I can share a tiny sip of his. That's enough though, that great flavor comes through.
I feel you on that. I have tachycardia and GAD, and coffee stimulates my already overstimulated nervous system. I’ve found that I can drink about half to whole cup a day depending on the caffeine and roast level of the coffee without too many side effects. I love coffee, but it doesn’t really love me. We’ve been experimenting with decaf to find a good tasting one, so that I can enjoy coffee outside of my morning coffee.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I buy k-cups at Costco and I buy whichever is the best value at the time I am there. We like a medium/dark roast. I usually pay around $30 for 100/120 k cups.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:01 am
SallyMae wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:36 am Ah, coffee! I love it so much. We use a French press and with the crema it's the best coffee in the world. However I went screwy and can't drink coffee any more. A half hour later my blood sugar drops like a stone and I'm like to faint. I had to give it up.

I feel you on that. I have tachycardia and GAD, and coffee stimulates my already overstimulated nervous system. I’ve found that I can drink about half to whole cup a day depending on the caffeine and roast level of the coffee without too many side effects. I love coffee, but it doesn’t really love me. We’ve been experimenting with decaf to find a good tasting one, so that I can enjoy coffee outside of my morning coffee.
The hell of it is, I can't even drink decaf, at least not the way I like it, with plenty of flavored cream. The sugar does as much of a number on me as the caffeine. Bummer!

But, I went for years feeling kind of crappy every day after drinking coffee. I finally had to admit it wasn't working for me. I really feel so much better without it...less nervous about dealing with challenges, more steady and consistent in my mood. Everything is just that much easier. And when I do take a sip of coffee every now and then, I really savor it, it's dreamy.

Coffee is one of the great things in this life, truly. Good lucking finding a balance that works for you!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm the only one who drinks coffee so I don't use a drip machine. I have a Senseo that I inherited from Hubby's grandma (It's like a Keurig without the plastic waste)......since it uses italian coffee pods/pads rather than K cups I have to order my coffee online.....I get mine from Baronet Coffee Inc. Or Wolfgang Puck. I used to get Melitta but the only place in town that carried them stopped. I do have reusable pads to use for them so I can use ground coffee if I want to. Cost is around 30-50 cents a pad. Most are a medium roast of flavored coffee. For prep I put some creamer and coffee syrup in a glass and use my milk frother to mix them and then add that into my coffee.

Past ground coffee brands I've used in the past are Maxwell House and Gevalia (when they had flavored coffee and before they sold out to Kraft). I also have a can of Don Francisco's in the pantry in case company stops by and I have reason to break out the Kitchenaid coffee machine. (haven't used it in years though)
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I buy whatever is on sale. I would like to not spend more than 6 bucks for a container but sometimes I will spend a little more when there is nothing else available. I like medium roast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic