"Protestantism in the US south tends to have a strong anti-intellectual background"

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:26 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:04 am I teach my children that creation is the truth not evolution
And that is what we mean by being "anti-Scientific".

For a start, I suspect you don't even know the correct definition of the word "evolution", and conflate it with things like abiogenesis.
I absolutely know what evolution is as I said my son loves studying evolution and that means I know more about it than I'd ever learn on my own. There's not really a Biblical term for evolution so I used creationism.
But this statement accuses people of not being intelligent or educated and that's simply not true.
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

As a side note here… I’m not anon 3.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:30 am I absolutely know what evolution is
What is it?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:01 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:24 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:04 am

I mean evolution is just a theory anyways. I teach my children that creation is the truth not evolution BUT they are also quite well educated on the theory of evolution and comparing and contrasting the two is a favorite pastime of my oldest. They didn't learn about evolution in church though it came from home. And the theory of evolution is always changing so what is considered the truth today may not be the truth tomorrow.
It's not the church's job to teach scientific viewpoints on things it's there to teach the religious viewpoints.
A scientific theory is a substantiated explanation of facts. I really don’t know why people, who choose to believe in creationism, seem to think that both could not co-exist. For all you know, Adam and Eve could have been the first Neanderthals or the first Homo Sapiens. Species evolve to adapt to their environments if they don’t they risk extinction.

https://biologos.org/common-questions/what-is-evolution
I had meant to say some, not just people which is normally too generalized for my taste, but one of my dogs wanted to play and was being very distracting. That’s a good article. While I was raised Christian and my parents and siblings are, I am not. While some accept both can co-exist others do not and there are those who struggle with accepting both can exist even though rationally they know and believe it can but balk at the idea of a common ancestor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic