Dd attempted suicide...and im indifferent(long read)

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Depression is a serious illness and it can be exhausting for a caregiver to navigate. But dang, it sounds as if you aren't even trying. If your DD is in the hospital now for a suicide attempt, go to the therapy sessions provided for family members. Follow the recommendations at discharge of continued individual and family therapy. Consider medication in addition to therapy. IMO, it is your responsibility to assist your daughter in her treatment, not wash your hands. If you believe that painting her room or even calling her by her preferred name would snap her out of depression, you are totally ignorant of the illness which says to me that you didn't educate yourself the first time she tried to commit suicide in 7th grade. Again, it's hard, I get that. But it's also called parenting.

Just to add, teens with Autism are four times as likely to develop depression than their neurotypical peers. LGBTQ youth are far more likely to suffer from depression and attempt suicide than their peers. Your daughter is in an extremely high risk category. You should have known this and have been prepared prior to your daughter entering 7th grade. Has your daughter ever seen a therapist for either her Autism or depression? Have you?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am in therapy for myself thats why i refuse to go crazy over this.This is self care.What am i supposed to do crawl up in a ball crying and blaming myself? Im a single parent im spread thin enough.Im not going to allow dd to break me.The first few times I was a blubbering mess but now its almost routine so im not phased by it.Im a bit angry and fed up thats how I feel...Im not going to apologize for how I feel.Im not going to send myself into a nuthouse either .As far as her being trans she is not ive asked her she doesnt even want to dress masculine she says she's non binary...which is personally a load of shit idk who came up with that shit but okay sure Jan.You can be gay trans WHATEVER I dont care but i still expect you to go to school try your best come home etc.Thats all I expect.

She clearly doesnt want to live here thats why i said she need to be in a longterm facility.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

As a psychologist and mother of a now-adult who attempted suicide in her teenage years, I understand where you’re coming from. It can be very difficult to help someone who doesn’t want to be helped, and it is frustrating to do everything to make someone happy and it never be enough. There are some teens who act out to get attention and want everything to be about them all the time. There are others who need the level of care that you, as a parent and not a professional, cannot possibly give them. It sounds like this may be the situation with your daughter, and a facility where she can receive that kind of specialized care may not be a bad idea. I know what it’s like to try everything and feel like nothing is helping and to be so exhausted that you are at the end of your rope and feel like throwing your hands up. I have dealt with kids who liked the attention they got from going to the hospital and enjoyed manipulating their parents. I have also dealt with kids whose parents could not help them. I say all this to say, she needs professional help. You can’t provide her with that. However, you should love and support her and be by her side as she navigates this. Teenage depression is very real, and she will need your help to deal with this and get through it.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:47 pm I am in therapy for myself thats why i refuse to go crazy over this.This is self care.What am i supposed to do crawl up in a ball crying and blaming myself? Im a single parent im spread thin enough.Im not going to allow dd to break me.The first few times I was a blubbering mess but now its almost routine so im not phased by it.Im a bit angry and fed up thats how I feel...Im not going to apologize for how I feel.Im not going to send myself into a nuthouse either .As far as her being trans she is not ive asked her she doesnt even want to dress masculine she says she's non binary...which is personally a load of shit idk who came up with that shit but okay sure Jan.You can be gay trans WHATEVER I dont care but i still expect you to go to school try your best come home etc.Thats all I expect.

She clearly doesnt want to live here thats why i said she need to be in a longterm facility.
Poor kid.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If your daughter was trans and chose a male name but still had a girly room would you call her Kyle then? Or would you say no, you are still a girl, I will call you a girl name.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

"Sure, Jan." ...What is that supposed to mean?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:47 pm I am in therapy for myself thats why i refuse to go crazy over this.This is self care.What am i supposed to do crawl up in a ball crying and blaming myself? Im a single parent im spread thin enough.Im not going to allow dd to break me.The first few times I was a blubbering mess but now its almost routine so im not phased by it.Im a bit angry and fed up thats how I feel...Im not going to apologize for how I feel.Im not going to send myself into a nuthouse either .As far as her being trans she is not ive asked her she doesnt even want to dress masculine she says she's non binary...which is personally a load of shit idk who came up with that shit but okay sure Jan.You can be gay trans WHATEVER I dont care but i still expect you to go to school try your best come home etc.Thats all I expect.

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Glad you're in therapy - you need more of it. Seriously... SHE'S NOT TRYING TO BREAK YOU!!! You're shit for a mother at this point. This isn't about YOU. It's never about YOU.
My autistic son tried to kill himself. No, I didn't ball up and cry blaming myself. I F***ing stood up and did what I had to to get him the help he needed. You are so offended by what she wrote and how she feels. You need to get over yourself and start making it about her.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Sounds like she likes the attention and connections she makes in the hospital.

And she does attention-seeking behaviors to get into the hospital.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

What's that say about your parenting?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Glad you're in therapy - you need more of it. Seriously... SHE'S NOT TRYING TO BREAK YOU!!! You're shit for a mother at this point. This isn't about YOU. It's never about YOU.
My autistic son tried to kill himself. No, I didn't ball up and cry blaming myself. I F***ing stood up and did what I had to to get him the help he needed. You are so offended by what she wrote and how she feels. You need to get over yourself and start making it about her.
Op kid is doing it for attention and to get back in the hospital with her friends she made.
Locked Previous topicNext topic