First world problems, but I am seriously pissed.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I used to work at a grocery store for over 15 years. I quit a year ago in order to get a job with a more set schedule and steady hours.

Until yesterday, I still went out of my way to shop there as I have a few friends who work there. I only shop every 2 weeks, and I have 3 kids so it's usually a pretty large haul when I go. Yesterday, I went got my 2 weeks worth of food and my cart was filled to the top with bags. This store offers carryout to anyone that wants it. I usually ask one of the kids to help me out because they like to get out of the store, and it's quicker with 2 people loading the groceries into the car.

Yesterday, I went in and one of my good friends was bagging that day. He was going to help me out to the car. They were not busy so there was no reason that he couldn't help me, plus they are required to ask everyone if they need a carry out.

A few times recently, I have been told that they are busy and can't do a carryout by the manager, but then I see them helping people out with fewer items than me, and we are not just talking about old ladies.

Well as we walked out the door yesterday, the manager called him back and said that I could do it by myself. Sure I could... But if I was any other customer, he would never have said that.

I told my friend to go back in that I would do it, but that was the last time I shopped there. I am still angry about it today. I feel like filling out that survey they give you about your experience or just calling the store director or front end manager. I don't want to involve my friend as he didn't do anything wrong. I also don't want to be a Karen.

I am just pissed off, what would you do? Just let it go and never shop there again or actually tell someone.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Personally, I would probably continue to shop there and not say anything.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would definitely complain. There is no legit reason why they wouldn't help you if they helped other people! Apparently the manager in question is angry that you quit and is taking it out on you-a customer as much as anyone else-and I wouldn't stand for it. Call HIS superior and complain.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I used to work for Kroger and had an issue with workers not helping me because I was a former employee. I complained to corporate and they stopped.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Does the manager in question have an issue with you personally? Do you ask for help out only when it is one of your friends?

If I had other shopping options in the area then I would probably quit shopping at this store. Filing a complaint with the store would be dependent upon the answers to the questions above...
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If I don't like how a store treats me, I shop elsewhere.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd let it go because I don't bitch about things. You would definitely be a karen to complain that no one helped you load your stuff in your car.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Not a huge deal really but I get why you’re annoyed. It’s because they know you so well. Stuff like that has happened to me before at former places of employment.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:13 pm Does the manager in question have an issue with you personally? Do you ask for help out only when it is one of your friends?

If I had other shopping options in the area then I would probably quit shopping at this store. Filing a complaint with the store would be dependent upon the answers to the questions above...
The manager in question has never seemed to have a problem with me before, heck he is my friend on FB. I ask for help out from whoever happens to be there at the time. Now don't get me wrong, I will purposely go into a line if my friend is there(just like I will wait longer in line if I like one cashier better) but if not whoever is fine.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:24 pm
sarah824 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:13 pm Does the manager in question have an issue with you personally? Do you ask for help out only when it is one of your friends?

The manager in question has never seemed to have a problem with me before, heck he is my friend on FB. I ask for help out from whoever happens to be there at the time. Now don't get me wrong, I will purposely go into a line if my friend is there(just like I will wait longer in line if I like one cashier better) but if not whoever is fine.
Then I would totally file a complaint with the store because it sounds like you are being singled out for some reason and that is not ok. If you and the manager had previous issues then I would say that is the problem, not making it ok, but kind of explains it and not worth filing a complaint in my opinion especially if you aren't going back to the store.
Locked Previous topicNext topic