First world problems, but I am seriously pissed.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I hear what you're saying. But I think that if they are treating her differently just because she once worked there, THEY are the ones that are being a Karen.
Emmasmom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:24 pm I'd let it go because I don't bitch about things. You would definitely be a karen to complain that no one helped you load your stuff in your car.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm I hear what you're saying. But I think that if they are treating her differently just because she once worked there, THEY are the ones that are being a Karen.
Emmasmom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:24 pm I'd let it go because I don't bitch about things. You would definitely be a karen to complain that no one helped you load your stuff in your car.
To me, its a pathetic and sad thing to complain about. To me, it makes the person complaining look bad and I'd be willing to bet behind her back, she would get made fun of.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I probably would never be one to ever even ask for help. But if this woman really does need the help and it's available to her, why not just let her have it? I think it's odd that another employee (not the one serving her at the time) piped up and said, "She doesn't need help." Who the heck is she to say that a particular customer doesn't need help???

Again, if there was no help available, so be it. But if there was help available and that help was all set to assist her, the employee who piped in was ignorant for saying that. Regardless, though, as I initially said, I wouldn't complain about that employee that piped in. I just wouldn't shop there anymore...if I could help it. If it's the only grocery store within a 10 mile radius, well then, I'd be screwed. lol
Emmasmom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:25 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm I hear what you're saying. But I think that if they are treating her differently just because she once worked there, THEY are the ones that are being a Karen.
To me, its a pathetic and sad thing to complain about. To me, it makes the person complaining look bad and I'd be willing to bet behind her back, she would get made fun of.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 pm I probably would never be one to ever even ask for help. But if this woman really does need the help and it's available to her, why not just let her have it? I think it's odd that another employee (not the one serving her at the time) piped up and said, "She doesn't need help." Who the heck is she to say that a particular customer doesn't need help???

Again, if there was no help available, so be it. But if there was help available and that help was all set to assist her, the employee who piped in was ignorant for saying that. Regardless, though, as I initially said, I wouldn't complain about that employee that piped in. I just wouldn't shop there anymore...if I could help it. If it's the only grocery store within a 10 mile radius, well then, I'd be screwed. lol
Emmasmom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:25 pm

I'm just not someone who complains. I just think to bitch about this is sad and pathetic, to be honest. I think it makes the OP look silly and petty.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I would ask the manager directly. Tell him how you feel about not getting help with your groceries and why he called your friend back in.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This seems like a bizarre thing to complain about. It doesn't sound like you truly need the help, at least that you've mentioned. You haven't stated that you're frail or disabled, so I'm left with the impression that you're physically capable. The manager would know that you're physically capable also, having just worked there.

I honestly don't ever take that help at the store, because I would rather leave those resources for someone elderly or infirm. I see those offers as a nice to have and very thoughtful, but not necessary. Most definitely not something you make a big deal and complain about, especially if I knew the crew. I'd be embarrassed.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Perhaps it's because he knows they are your friends. He's probably concerned that you're going to spend too much time talking, and the employee will be wasting time. Maybe they save the help for those that really need it right now.

Locked Previous topicNext topic