DD is refusing to go to her dad's house

Anonymous 1

Unread post

She is supposed to go for three weeks. She told him not to bother making the drive here to pick her up because she won't go. He lives in an area that is getting hit hard with the virus. She doesn't want to get sick or bring Covid 19 home.

My ex is pissed off at me. He says I must have put all of this in her head. That is t the case. I haven't said anything about how she shouldn't go. I have tried to be calm and reassuring when she was worried about it. She is 15 and able to form her own thoughts and opinions. I hate how he always makes things my fault. I swear she will be 30 and he will still blame me for how she feels.

He wants me to somehow force her. I'm not sure if he expects me to drag her to the car and tie her down or what. Clearly that isn't going to happen.

I am just wondering if he will even bother making the drive.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If he shows up and makes an ass of himself, call the cops.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Kudos to your daughter for wanting to stay safe.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Is your daughter seeing any friends there at home?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, it sucks for him, but it sounds like too much of a risk. This is an unprecedented situation, we can’t expect things to be normal, so we have to roll with the punches and just do what’s best. Maybe your daughter can make it up to him at a later date. But for now, I agree with her.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't see any reason she can't go and spend time with her dad and do pretty much what I'm assuming she is doing with you and stay home. There is no need to go out and about at 15 years old.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why not have her go for a week or break the weeks up? And he can reassure her he'll take all precautions while she's with him.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

if the court order says she goes and he calls the police when you refuse to make her, this could go either way. if he can prove she will be safe, she might have to go but if you can prove she won't be then it might go your way. this should have been addressed by both parents ahead of time and compromises made so that her father isn't excommunicated from seeing her. there can be a middle ground.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk.. I guess I’m not understanding. How is her risk any higher with him than it is with you? Even with a spike in cases. Practice basic common sense and hygiene.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Covid-19 aside, I am a big believer that a teenager should be permitted to decide WHO she wants to reside with and/or whether or not she will visit the other parent. I am also a big believer that children should be permitted and encouraged to have a relationship with both parents. If it comes down to it...that the child asks to have the right to choose, the child should be reminded...over and over again...that his/her decision was HIS/HERS and that by choosing to not relate to the other parent, he/she is potentially compromising the relationship.

Over and over again, the child should be reminded of the joy that comes from relating to that other parent and unless the other household is neglectful or harmful in any way, the child should be encouraged to go. But at 15, if the choice should be the child's.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:06 pm She is supposed to go for three weeks. She told him not to bother making the drive here to pick her up because she won't go. He lives in an area that is getting hit hard with the virus. She doesn't want to get sick or bring Covid 19 home.

My ex is pissed off at me. He says I must have put all of this in her head. That is t the case. I haven't said anything about how she shouldn't go. I have tried to be calm and reassuring when she was worried about it. She is 15 and able to form her own thoughts and opinions. I hate how he always makes things my fault. I swear she will be 30 and he will still blame me for how she feels.

He wants me to somehow force her. I'm not sure if he expects me to drag her to the car and tie her down or what. Clearly that isn't going to happen.

I am just wondering if he will even bother making the drive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic