DD is refusing to go to her dad's house

Anonymous 3

Unread post

That's really a shame. Girls need their fathers. I feel bad for the girls.

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:31 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:27 pm That's a shame. Is he aware of how she feels (about never texting her, etc.,)? I mean...one would think he should know enough to know she'd want to hear from him. But if she hasn't already told him how this makes her feel, I'd encourage her to. Poor kid. :(
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:54 pm

All she will say, is that he doesn't care about her because he doesn't call her or text her, but will call her brother. He hasn't talked to her but once since March. He still only wants to take them to do little kids things like the zoo or aquarium (When they are open). So according to her if he doesn't give a damn then she doesn't either.
When he did talk to her last, I know she was screaming at him about him not caring. I try to stay out of it. I tried for years to keep the relationship between him and the kids going. As the kids got older they saw what was going on and that's when I stepped back and let what was going to happen, happen. He blames me for "Turning the kids against him". He has every ability to contact them without even talking to me as they all have their own phones. So there is no excuses. He doesn't talk to the girls and will call my son to play minecraft with him over the switch a few times a week, but that is all they do together at this point.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Same here. My daughter and I have been nowhere other than the grocery store since March.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:11 am
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:36 am Idk.. I guess I’m not understanding. How is her risk any higher with him than it is with you? Even with a spike in cases. Practice basic common sense and hygiene.
There are a lot of differences. Everyone in my house is able to stay home and quarentine. That is not the case at his house, both him and his roommate work with the general public. She will be at higher risk just spending time with him than she ever was at home.
So for the last 5 month neither you nor her went ANYWHERE?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:34 pm Since mid April you’ve only been out for walks?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:03 pm We go on walks and a couple hikes but that is it. We haven't even been to a store or anything like that.

Since the end of March.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would just go by the court order. If the court order says she can refuse on her own then that's her choice. And he should honor that and be understanding.

But she and you should understand too that even in high risk areas it's not like Covid is lurking around every corner just waiting to infect you. My county was very recently red with over 30 daily new cases per 100K. We are currently orange with 21 daily new cases per 100K. But I've still been going to work every day. We've been going to the grocery store as needed. We go to Target as needed. We get takeout food from restaurants now and then. DS15 has small groups of friends over to our pool. We have a friend over every week. We aren't out there like we used to be but we are out there. And none of us have been sick. Use your precautions, wear your mask, wash your hands and it is possible to not get sick even in a high risk area.

Yes, her health concerns are important and should be heard. His emotional concerns of wanting to see his daughter are also important and should also be heard. If they each feel like the other is not listening they will get nowhere with this.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Ok. And going to the grocery store is not quarantining like she said she is doing.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44 pm Same here. My daughter and I have been nowhere other than the grocery store since March.

There are a lot of differences. Everyone in my house is able to stay home and quarentine. That is not the case at his house, both him and his roommate work with the general public. She will be at higher risk just spending time with him than she ever was at home.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

After I responded, I noticed that. :)
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:47 pm Ok. And going to the grocery store is not quarantining like she said she is doing.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44 pm Same here. My daughter and I have been nowhere other than the grocery store since March.

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:34 pm Since mid April you’ve only been out for walks?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:03 pm We go on walks and a couple hikes but that is it. We haven't even been to a store or anything like that.

Since the end of March.
Wow....No store grocery store trips?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Since the end of March.
Wow....No store grocery store trips?
No I have everything delivered.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

School starts here in another month or so. If she wanting to get up and out to get ready for school, then, she can go stay with her dad for three weeks.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

And you don't think going to the grocery store puts you at risk? 🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic