I had to fire two of my favorite employees

Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:46 pm I met my husband at work. We worked for a federal agency. The policy there is that if one is more senior than the other the junior partner can't report to the senior partner, they must work in different branches. Is this a small company?
No it isn't a small company. It isn't huge and it isn't small.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:32 pmCan't one just quit?
If one had quit before they started dating it wouldn't have been an issue. Quitting now wouldn't change anything because they already broke policy.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

how dumb are they to even say anything
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:18 pm how dumb are they to even say anything
People talk. Some people in my workplace were found out because of coworkers who told on them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:18 pm how dumb are they to even say anything
People talk. Some people in my workplace were found out because of coworkers who told on them.
I worked in an organization with 60,000 employees globally when we started dating. We were both C-suite employees, which complicated things. Automatic dismissal seems very medieval.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Wow, I’ve never seen that rule actually be enforced anywhere I’ve ever worked, lol. They shouldn’t have announced it.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

She probably didn’t take it very seriously because you two were such close friends so she didn’t think you’d actually enforce it and fire her.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Me neither. I'm sure the company has their reasons for not wanting employees to fraternize. But wouldn't it be more cost effective for the company to just give the two employees the option for one of them to leave???? Makes no sense whatsoever to me that they'd terminate both employees.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:22 am Wow, I’ve never seen that rule actually be enforced anywhere I’ve ever worked, lol. They shouldn’t have announced it.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ugh.

How dare you... really. To think that you should have such control over other people.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She made her choice.... she knew what the rules were.

Locked Previous topicNext topic