Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequences

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A local woman recently wrote on a news page how disappointed she was that her kids could only go to school 2 days a week while the special ed kids got to go 5 days a week. People explained to her how they can distance easier because there are fewer of them. She said that the special ed kids aren't the kids that are going far in life and how her kids who are need the 5 days a week school and said a few more not nice things about special needs children. She has a bow boutique business and a local zoo she was going to be selling her bows at said that they do not condone anything she said and they told her that she can't sell her stuff at the event. She also shut her boutique down from all the negative comments she was getting from special needs parents. She made a post about how she has freedom of speech and can say what she wants and she does but that doesn't mean freedom of speech from other consequences.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree.
And she should know all those who left negative comments also have a right to THEIR freedom of speech.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I can understand how a parent of a student that would really benefit from in person class time could get frustrated and think the school district’s decision was unfair. She certainly shouldn’t have attacked anyone, but I think there is someone wrong with our society at the moment when people are losing their livelihoods simply for asking a question or expressing an opinion. We don’t need to all think the same.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:33 pm A local woman recently wrote on a news page how disappointed she was that her kids could only go to school 2 days a week while the special ed kids got to go 5 days a week. People explained to her how they can distance easier because there are fewer of them. She said that the special ed kids aren't the kids that are going far in life and how her kids who are need the 5 days a week school and said a few more not nice things about special needs children. She has a bow boutique business and a local zoo she was going to be selling her bows at said that they do not condone anything she said and they told her that she can't sell her stuff at the event. She also shut her boutique down from all the negative comments she was getting from special needs parents. She made a post about how she has freedom of speech and can say what she wants and she does but that doesn't mean freedom of speech from other consequences.
Looks like she is learning a valuable lesson.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

off topic - what the heck is a "bow boutique" ???
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 pm off topic - what the heck is a "bow boutique" ???
She sells hair bows she makes.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

A lot of people are confused about the that amendment. They always shout it as a proud American but they cannot even comprehend the amendment!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

This kind of thing is less consequences for speech and more PC cancel culture. People are fine doing it to others but have a problem when it swings back around to them for things they say. When events swing too far one way, they swing just as far the opposite direction. We're seeing a ton of it lately.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

People like her are idiots. Why would she think she can just spew whatever words she wants and not offend some people including the people that were going to allow her to sell her stuff there? SMH. She probably won't learn but maybe she will.......
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Especially these days, I'm very grateful for freedom of speech. It allows me to hear how people feel about some pretty serious issues and then I can better decide if they are a person that I want to associate with.
Locked Previous topicNext topic