Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequences

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hahaha - I saw that on FB yesterday. Mary someone or other... yeah, they were tearing her a new one on her page.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

People are stupid. They say things and think they are indemnified of all consequences. Same reason you can’t shout fire in a crowded movie theater. No freedom is absolute.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I could be wrong, but doesn't freedom of speech apply to not facing government retribution for voicing opinions or beliefs? I don't think it means you can be a dick without consequences. But hey, what do I know 🤷
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why in the world would she say something like that? Honestly, I think special ed kids need the more time. They get used to a routine, and it can be hard when that changes. Her kids can focus outside of a classroom, and be able to do their work at home.

It sounds like she just doesn't want to deal with her kids during the week. She got what she deserved.

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have the right to say what we want, but if we injure someone with our speech we are liable for it.

For Canadians, "2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: ... (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;..." But the government can put some limits on it under certain circumstances. To explain it would be complicated and long, so I will refrain.
Locked Previous topicNext topic