DD calls her boyfriend daddy

Anonymous 1

Unread post

She is 18 and she lives on her own. Her and her boyfriend have been together about 6 months. She says she wants to marry him

She openly calls him daddy in front of people. I know that isnt all that uncommon but I have never heard anyone do that outside of the bedroom. It is so awkward I dont know how to get past it.

My husband is totally uncomfortable with it also. So is most of the family

DD says we are just a bunch of prudes. I dont think that is true. I just want some unbiased opinions here. Would it bother you if your daughter called her boyfriend daddy in front of you?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That would drive me insane. Gross!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

i would be pulling her aside and asking WTF is wrong with her
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gross. That would weird me out too
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Haha... I've always thought it was so weird to call your SO daddy/papa or mami, etc. I never even considered how the parents of those people must feel. 🙈

I hope my kids never do that!
Oddly enough though calling someone "baby" seems perfectly fine to me. 🤷‍♀️
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:11 am She is 18 and she lives on her own. Her and her boyfriend have been together about 6 months. She says she wants to marry him

She openly calls him daddy in front of people. I know that isnt all that uncommon but I have never heard anyone do that outside of the bedroom. It is so awkward I dont know how to get past it.

My husband is totally uncomfortable with it also. So is most of the family

DD says we are just a bunch of prudes. I dont think that is true. I just want some unbiased opinions here. Would it bother you if your daughter called her boyfriend daddy in front of you?
I remember reading this on CM.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She should call him papi.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s so gross! 🤮 I would find it so weird if my DDs called their boyfriends Daddy in front of us. Keep it in the bedroom. Thankfully, they have expressed to me how much they hate when girls use that term for their boyfriends, lol.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s not that uncommon here in Mexico, it seems it’s a common pet name for a spouse here, although DH and I don’t use “papi” or “mami” for each other. I can understand it can sound weird and even creepy in America and other countries. I play it in my head in English and it does sound seriously creepy.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 5

Unread post

What did we say the last time you posted this?
Locked Previous topicNext topic