BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Because she has probably been the one making the final decisions most of the time since they were born. Deciding on what type of bottles to use, what color to paint the nursery, their bedtimes, if they can have a sleepover with friends etc. Come on now. You are a mother. You know how it goes.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm I never said I had a vote. Why does she get to make the final decision?
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:13 pm Keep changing it to suit. Mom, the one who gave birth to them gave the final decision. If your husband wants have him take it to court-but as you said that won’t happen by 9/1. They aren’t your kids, you get no vote.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm They live with her half the time and with us half the time. That is what 50/50 means.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I trust their information and yes, I trust their advice regarding general rules to protect you from the spread of the virus.
But decisions like when to open different activities, I’m sorry but I think they consider political implications that shouldn’t be deciding factors. And in cases like this, their decisions are too general. I trust moré the assessment of the school, which is considering the situation in their community, the size of the school and the fact that they have out of town students as well and have to ensure their safety. They’re taking all those factors into account, so therefore I trust them more than what the CDC has to say in this matter.

So yes, just because I trust some of their guidelines that doesn’t mean I have to blindly trust everything they say. They’re not a cult and I can think for myself too.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm I mean whatever you certainly have the right to do what you feel is best. It's just that I have seen you in many posts cite the CDC when it comes to masks, closures, washing your food and mail etc but THIS they are wrong on. LOL.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm Yes, it means nothing to me. Everything has opened prematurely, so no, I don’t trust that their motivation is exclusively safety. They are considero no other factors to make those recommendations.
And ultimately, the school will make the final choice taking into account the factors relevant to them, not general guidelines for a whole country. They have the added responsibility of having some out of town and international students in a dorm and they have to ensure their health and safety first.
If in a month they decide it’s safe to open the school for actual classes even for out-of-towners then I will trust that they’re doing it because it’s safe.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm So the CDC (and AAP) recommendations that schools be open for children means nothing to you? Do you not trust the CDC?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... hools.html
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Important to note that the virus case loads and fatalities are changing everyday. CDC may have reccomended return to school last week, but things have already changed, for the worse, in many places. Dr. Birx just made a public statement that areas with high case loads should be doing "distance learning."

Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:21 pm I hope not but teenagers do stupid things when they rebel.

SD has mentioned dropping out and getting her GED.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:20 pm Are they that stupid to give up their education over having to take online classes for a while?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:17 pm

That is honestly a fear of mine. They are both over the compulsory age so school can't be forced on them. I would hate for them to rebel and not so school at all.
Is that really so bad? I left the school system early, got my high school equivalent. I went to work/college, I now have two degrees. I am a high earner with a great salaried position in my field. I climbed the ladder at a young age because I started at a young age with an education to back my experience up. It’s not the worst thing.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:24 pm Because she has probably been the one making the final decisions most of the time since they were born. Deciding on what type of bottles to use, what color to paint the nursery, their bedtimes, if they can have a sleepover with friends etc. Come on now. You are a mother. You know how it goes.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm I never said I had a vote. Why does she get to make the final decision?
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:13 pm Keep changing it to suit. Mom, the one who gave birth to them gave the final decision. If your husband wants have him take it to court-but as you said that won’t happen by 9/1. They aren’t your kids, you get no vote.

Are you under the impressions fathers don’t do those things or did you just marry a man who isn’t worth a damn in parenting?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

You’re a complete moron if you think any decision in life should be motivated by “exclusively safety.” Let’s shut down every amusement park in the world, outlaw all sports, prohibit children from climbing trees, ban refined sugar......should I continue?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm Yes, it means nothing to me. Everything has opened prematurely, so no, I don’t trust that their motivation is exclusively safety. They are considero no other factors to make those recommendations.
And ultimately, the school will make the final choice taking into account the factors relevant to them, not general guidelines for a whole country. They have the added responsibility of having some out of town and international students in a dorm and they have to ensure their health and safety first.
If in a month they decide it’s safe to open the school for actual classes even for out-of-towners then I will trust that they’re doing it because it’s safe.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm So the CDC (and AAP) recommendations that schools be open for children means nothing to you? Do you not trust the CDC?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm But he’s not weighing the pros and cons. He’s catering to his kids’ wants. When the “pro” is what the kid wants and the “con” is a health risk, it’s really a no-brainer.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:15 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:24 pm Because she has probably been the one making the final decisions most of the time since they were born. Deciding on what type of bottles to use, what color to paint the nursery, their bedtimes, if they can have a sleepover with friends etc. Come on now. You are a mother. You know how it goes.
Are you under the impressions fathers don’t do those things or did you just marry a man who isn’t worth a damn in parenting?

I'll be honest, I read that and thought what the heck is this crap myself. Although, even if she did pick the nursery color or a bottle brand, not sure those count as major life decisions.

Who wants to have kids with a guy who doesn't do half of the parenting work? And frankly, I don't have the athletic talent to keep up with mine anymore when it comes to practicing sports stuff with them. Their dad probably couldnt make much of a decent looking birthday cake. Parents can each bring something unique to the table for their kids but I'll be darned if the majority of parenting would fall to me.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Obviously this situation is different than usual life. Have some common sense to understand there’s a difference.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:28 pm You’re a complete moron if you think any decision in life should be motivated by “exclusively safety.” Let’s shut down every amusement park in the world, outlaw all sports, prohibit children from climbing trees, ban refined sugar......should I continue?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 6

Unread post

😂 you sound insane. People need to weigh risks and rewards to reach a rational decision. Clearly you’re advocating the opposite of that.

If you’re in Miami it’s probably not a great idea to send your kids to school. If you’re in Vermont, the analysis is entirely different.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:43 pm Obviously this situation is different than usual life. Have some common sense to understand there’s a difference.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:28 pm You’re a complete moron if you think any decision in life should be motivated by “exclusively safety.” Let’s shut down every amusement park in the world, outlaw all sports, prohibit children from climbing trees, ban refined sugar......should I continue?

Anonymous 7

Unread post

What are the Covid numbers like in the district and local area?
Locked Previous topicNext topic