BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I never said I had a vote. Why does she get to make the final decision?
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:13 pm Keep changing it to suit. Mom, the one who gave birth to them gave the final decision. If your husband wants have him take it to court-but as you said that won’t happen by 9/1. They aren’t your kids, you get no vote.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm They live with her half the time and with us half the time. That is what 50/50 means.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 pm They LIVE with HER. Was that made simple enough now? If they lived with their Dad then I’d say he gets to make the decision but they don’t. Sorry, you won’t get me to sway.

SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If the kids are old enough, dropping out is also an option.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. But apparently that’s not happening.
So again, what’s your suggested solution?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm No I'm saying it should have been a decision made together.

There could have been a compromise reached.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm But you seem fine and dandy with your husband making the decision regardless of mom’s input.
So what’s your solution then if neither parent should have the final saying? And neither do the kids, BTW.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm The school is putting safety first also. One person shouldn't get to make the final say when there are two parents involved.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:16 pm If the kids are old enough, dropping out is also an option.
That is honestly a fear of mine. They are both over the compulsory age so school can't be forced on them. I would hate for them to rebel and not so school at all.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A decision has to be reached. And apparently it’s either hers or his because obviously they can’t coparent properly.
IMHO, the decision with the least amount of risk should take precedence.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm I never said I had a vote. Why does she get to make the final decision?
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:13 pm Keep changing it to suit. Mom, the one who gave birth to them gave the final decision. If your husband wants have him take it to court-but as you said that won’t happen by 9/1. They aren’t your kids, you get no vote.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm They live with her half the time and with us half the time. That is what 50/50 means.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I mean whatever you certainly have the right to do what you feel is best. It's just that I have seen you in many posts cite the CDC when it comes to masks, closures, washing your food and mail etc but THIS they are wrong on. LOL.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm Yes, it means nothing to me. Everything has opened prematurely, so no, I don’t trust that their motivation is exclusively safety. They are considero no other factors to make those recommendations.
And ultimately, the school will make the final choice taking into account the factors relevant to them, not general guidelines for a whole country. They have the added responsibility of having some out of town and international students in a dorm and they have to ensure their health and safety first.
If in a month they decide it’s safe to open the school for actual classes even for out-of-towners then I will trust that they’re doing it because it’s safe.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm So the CDC (and AAP) recommendations that schools be open for children means nothing to you? Do you not trust the CDC?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... hools.html
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm But he’s not weighing the pros and cons. He’s catering to his kids’ wants. When the “pro” is what the kid wants and the “con” is a health risk, it’s really a no-brainer.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are they that stupid to give up their education over having to take online classes for a while?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:17 pm
SummerDream wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:16 pm If the kids are old enough, dropping out is also an option.
That is honestly a fear of mine. They are both over the compulsory age so school can't be forced on them. I would hate for them to rebel and not so school at all.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:16 pm I agree. But apparently that’s not happening.
So again, what’s your suggested solution?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm No I'm saying it should have been a decision made together.

There could have been a compromise reached.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm But you seem fine and dandy with your husband making the decision regardless of mom’s input.
So what’s your solution then if neither parent should have the final saying? And neither do the kids, BTW.

BM, DH, and the kids sitting down and talking it through. That way everyone is heard and then a decision could be reached after hearing everyone and their reasons. I think that would be far better even if the end result, the kids not going to school, would be the same because at l set they would be heard and they can see where BM is coming from.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That is where this is headed, if step-mom don’t let them make a choice as to what option to go with to go back to school. There should be several options to choose from to start. If step-mom doesn’t pull her head out of her backside and make a decision, at some point, the kids are going to say, we don’t want to go back. Quite honestly, at the high school level, it would be much easier to get the kids to follow new rules at school, so I don’t see an issue of the kids going back if they want to.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hope not but teenagers do stupid things when they rebel.

SD has mentioned dropping out and getting her GED.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:20 pm Are they that stupid to give up their education over having to take online classes for a while?
Locked Previous topicNext topic