BM doesn't like that I blocked her

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I dont have much of a relationship with her. I have ran into her a few times while out with the kids or at their events. I say hello and I am polite but we dont have like real conversations

A couple months ago she texted me saying there was a problem with the kids and asking me to call her ASAP. I did call thinking it was an emergency. Turns out she didnt like the way DH was handling something. When I realized everything was fine with the kids I told her she needed to talk to DH about any issues that were going on

She has texted me a few times with similar things. Every time I have said that she needs to talk to DH about it.

I ended up blocking her after she called me a few times. DH and her have not been agreeing on a lot of things lately with the kids. It hasnt been easy for anyone but frankly I dont want to be involved with anything to do with BM. It isnt my place.

She found out I blocked her and came up and yelled at me over it. Saying it was a safety issue and all this random crazy stuff.

I almost wonder if she is supposed to be on meds and she isnt.

Is it really so bad to block her? I dont see why me and her have to be calling and texting all of a sudden.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I totally agree with you that issues regarding your step kids need to be handled between your DH and BM. She needs to understand that and adhere to that. However, I suppose I would not block her because what if there is an emergency with the kids and she can’t reach your DH. True that is not likely to happen but I would not take chances.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't have BM's number and see no reason to have to text or call her. If there's a kid issue it is handled by whatever parent and that parent's spouse has them at the time. If it's big issue we all decide together. There has been times I agreed with BM over DH and that's OK too.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I wouldn't block her in case there was an actual emergency.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

What if there were an emergency and your DH wasn't able to call BM?
carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:46 am I don't have BM's number and see no reason to have to text or call her. If there's a kid issue it is handled by whatever parent and that parent's spouse has them at the time. If it's big issue we all decide together. There has been times I agreed with BM over DH and that's OK too.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She could still block her number and call me if there was an emergency or use a different phone. However she has never done that she usually calls MIL if she can't get ahold of DH
JoJo728 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:44 am I totally agree with you that issues regarding your step kids need to be handled between your DH and BM. She needs to understand that and adhere to that. However, I suppose I would not block her because what if there is an emergency with the kids and she can’t reach your DH. True that is not likely to happen but I would not take chances.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:53 am What if there were an emergency and your DH wasn't able to call BM?
carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:46 am I don't have BM's number and see no reason to have to text or call her. If there's a kid issue it is handled by whatever parent and that parent's spouse has them at the time. If it's big issue we all decide together. There has been times I agreed with BM over DH and that's OK too.

Then he would call her Mom, sisters or her husband and eventually someone would get ahold of her. If he wasn't able to use his phone I would get her number out of it and call her.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I don't care who it is. If someone starts to annoy me via the phone, I'd block them in a heartbeat.

If there's an emergency, this woman could call all the other family members & friends who don't have her blocked.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I just feel it would probably be best if you had her phone number. What if something happened like your DH and her child were in an accident? He might be unable to call and you might not have access to his phone.

I'm not saying you should communicate with her regularly, I just think it would be wise to have her number stored. If my children had a step-parent and spent time at their home I would want them to have my phone number in case of emergency. Just something to consider.
carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:01 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:53 am What if there were an emergency and your DH wasn't able to call BM?

Then he would call her Mom, sisters or her husband and eventually someone would get ahold of her. If he wasn't able to use his phone I would get her number out of it and call her.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm I just feel it would probably be best if you had her phone number. What if something happened like your DH and her child were in an accident? He might be unable to call and you might not have access to his phone.

I'm not saying you should communicate with her regularly, I just think it would be wise to have her number stored. If my children had a step-parent and spent time at their home I would want them to have my phone number in case of emergency. Just something to consider.
carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:01 am

Blocking someone doesn't mean you deleted their number. I have two people's numbers in my phone whom I've blocked.
Locked Previous topicNext topic