8%
Asian
3%
Other
15%

Total votes: 39
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Admittedly, I don’t know much about the difference between race and ethnicity. I apologize in advance if this poll offends you or I don’t include a category that you fall into. I made it so you can pick more than one category if you are biracial. Really hoping I don’t offend anyone with this. I just wanted to see the numbers in a simple poll.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am biracial and didn't know how that should be recorded, so I checked white, asian, and other, but that just counted me as three people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:42 pm I am biracial and didn't know how that should be recorded, so I checked white, asian, and other, but that just counted me as three people.
Dang, I was probably the wrong person to do this 🤦🏼‍♀️ If anyone else wants to they’re welcome to. I don’t know how to make a poll with all the options while accounting for people who may be more than one.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 pm Admittedly, I don’t know much about the difference between race and ethnicity. I apologize in advance if this poll offends you or I don’t include a category that you fall into. I made it so you can pick more than one category if you are mixed. Really hoping I don’t offend anyone with this. I just wanted to see the numbers in a simple poll.
As a biracial person, I'm just asking for you reconsider the word "mixed", it is hurtful to a lot of biracial person because it is a term often associated with dogs. This is not meant to shame or lecture, just to inform.

As for race vs ethnicity, race is a label assigned by society that categorizes physical genetic features, such as skin color. Ethnicity is categorizing cultural expression, there are many ethnicities that fall under each race. For example, someone can be white and ethnically be Ashkenazi Jewish. I am racially white and asian and ethnically French, Japanese, Korean, and Ainu. This is different from nationality, what nation you are assigned to. My nationality is American.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 pm Admittedly, I don’t know much about the difference between race and ethnicity. I apologize in advance if this poll offends you or I don’t include a category that you fall into. I made it so you can pick more than one category if you are mixed. Really hoping I don’t offend anyone with this. I just wanted to see the numbers in a simple poll.
As a biracial person, I'm just asking for you reconsider the word "mixed", it is hurtful to a lot of biracial person because it is a term often associated with dogs. This is not meant to shame or lecture, just to inform.

As for race vs ethnicity, race is a label assigned by society that categorizes physical genetic features, such as skin color. Ethnicity is categorizing cultural expression, there are many ethnicities that fall under each race. For example, someone can be white and ethnically be Ashkenazi Jewish. I am racially white and asian and ethnically French, Japanese, Korean, and Ainu. This is different from nationality, what nation you are assigned to. My nationality is American.
I’ll fix that, thank you for telling me in a nice way. I didn’t want to be hurtful in any way with this poll/post. I’m always willing to learn and change, especially when it may hurt others. It’s such a touchy subject and as a white person, i know I’m ignorant even though I try to be open to learning. I tried to google but even google was a little confusing on the race vs ethnicity thing.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Wouldn't this poll be considered racist?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 pm Wouldn't this poll be considered racist?
Shit, would it? I just wanted to see the numbers. I’ll fix anything I can/need to.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:59 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 pm Wouldn't this poll be considered racist?
Shit, would it? I just wanted to see the numbers. I’ll fix anything I can/need to.
I'll ask again since you ignored me in the other post... Why does it matter? This makes you look bad imo.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So, four of those things. White, Native American, Hispanic, and Other.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You didn’t put Nordic German. I can’t answer.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic