Yes your music gave me a migraine.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We were driving home and DH put on Japanese music. I asked him not to since I don’t enjoy music I can’t understand. Almost instantly my head started to hurt. I told him this and he didn’t care. By the time we got home it was a full blown migraine. Now he’s all butthurt about it because I had to go lay down and take medicine. I apologized and said maybe it wasn’t the music. Idk what to do. It’s not my fault your music triggered a migraine.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Could it be the music? Sure. Did you get a migraine because it was in another language? Doubt it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You have nothing to apologize. If you told him you had a headache, he should have turned the music off. Carry earplugs with you from now on. My husband likes to play metal on his electric guitar. To me it is as pleasant as fingernails on a chalkboard, I close the doors and wear ear plugs so I don't have to hear it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Between my father playing Italian operas and yds playing Japanese songs I got used to foreign languages. That being said the way I do it is we take turns playing songs we like. Perhaps in the future you and your dh can do that. But if you had a headache he should have at least turned it down.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:53 pm Could it be the music? Sure. Did you get a migraine because it was in another language? Doubt it.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

People that don't get migraines don't understand what can trigger them. I've had loud music trigger them before. You asked him not to do it, and he did it anyways. Not your fault. He needs to respect what you say.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't know about that. I understand that we all speak different languages but I have had the occasional headache that I'm sure was brought on by my listening to someone talk for a length of time in a foreign language.

I can't even listen to whatever Play Station game that is that just speaks gibberish! Gives me a headache.
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:53 pm Could it be the music? Sure. Did you get a migraine because it was in another language? Doubt it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I LOVE Japanese music.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:51 pm We were driving home and DH put on Japanese music. I asked him not to since I don’t enjoy music I can’t understand. Almost instantly my head started to hurt. I told him this and he didn’t care. By the time we got home it was a full blown migraine. Now he’s all butthurt about it because I had to go lay down and take medicine. I apologized and said maybe it wasn’t the music. Idk what to do. It’s not my fault your music triggered a migraine.
Maybe just the loud noise gave you a headache? Doubt it had anything to do with their language.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is exactly how I feel about certain jazz music.
Several instruments playing a different song at the same time. It doesn't give me a headache but it gets me agitated.
Locked Previous topicNext topic