Forgetful people

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, if I enjoy their company, I'd just check in with them the day before.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It would depend on the person, but as a whole, I only spend time with those I dearly value, so i will go the extra mile to have someone present. If I have to remind the 15 times and go get them, I will. They mean that much to me.

If someone is not worth that effort, nope, but I wouldn’t have probably invited them in the first place.

I keep a tight circle around me.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

OP, something to consider: Does the person that's not showing up suffer from any illness (mental or physical)? Perhaps it is that he/she has all the intentions in the world of showing up but then, the party day arrives and he/she just isn't up for it. Just a thought.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Depends on how close I am to them. Close family or really good friends I would continue to make the effort. More casual friends or not so close family, I would just stop inviting them. If they can't make the effort to use a calendar and remember on their own, then why should I make the effort to keep inviting them.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:49 pm OP, something to consider: Does the person that's not showing up suffer from any illness (mental or physical)? Perhaps it is that he/she has all the intentions in the world of showing up but then, the party day arrives and he/she just isn't up for it. Just a thought.
But if that's the case it's still rude to not call or anything. At the very least the person can call or text and say "Sorry I won't be there today I'm just not feeling well." It can be that simple.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Sounds like ADHD, not forgetfulness. My little brother was famous for showing up late. We would tell him to get here 2 hours before he was supposed to so he would actually arrive on time.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I'm the only one in our social group that keeps track of times and dates so I send out reminders to everyone when we have stuff planned. We try to remain flexible and generally have a great time no matter who shows up.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

In my case with who I am referring to, she does not have adhd. But i have a friend that I have had to tell an earlier time because she is always late... but she is reliable to at least show up.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:45 pm Sounds like ADHD, not forgetfulness. My little brother was famous for showing up late. We would tell him to get here 2 hours before he was supposed to so he would actually arrive on time.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. I would just keep sending reminders.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I truly love and care about this person but I have had to let go a lot as she almost always disappoints me. Her “crumbs” have kept me going with trying for a long time and now the crumbs don’t feel like much. My dh says to just take one thing at a time and I don’t have to make some big decision. I am trying to do that.

quote=Traci_Momof2 post_id=755873 time=1594153121 user_id=352]
Depends on how close I am to them. Close family or really good friends I would continue to make the effort. More casual friends or not so close family, I would just stop inviting them. If they can't make the effort to use a calendar and remember on their own, then why should I make the effort to keep inviting them.
[/quote]
Locked Previous topicNext topic