Forgetful people

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If someone is “forgetful” quite often/most of the time to any type of invite (even after reminding them) do you continue to keep inviting them to things?
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, why wouldn’t I ?
If I actually want them there and they are forgetting, reminding them makes it more likely they will come.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Definitely.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I do remind them and they still “forget”. That’s what makes it more frustrating. It’s so easy nowadays to set your own reminders on your phone and things like that. I feel if someone truly wanted to be there, they would make more of an effort to remember.
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:30 pm Yes, why wouldn’t I ?
If I actually want them there and they are forgetting, reminding them makes it more likely they will come.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No. Its rude behavior. And I'd tell them why I stopped inviting them. " if it/I were important to you, you'd try harder." I donr put up with that or people being late.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I show up to things she invites us to with no reminders. Not sure why it’s so hard for her to do the same. I probably won’t tell her why no more invites and she won’t notice or care.

quote=Emmasmom post_id=755816 time=1594147324 user_id=1360]
No. Its rude behavior. And I'd tell them why I stopped inviting them. " if it/I were important to you, you'd try harder." I donr put up with that or people being late.
[/quote]
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I tend to agree with you...that if it's important to the invitee, he/she will make a note of the gathering so that they are sure to attend. But if I'm you and I really would like that person to attend, I continue to invite them, and invite them, and invite them. For me, as the one doing the inviting, it would take a lot for me to remove someone from my guest list.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 pm I do remind them and they still “forget”. That’s what makes it more frustrating. It’s so easy nowadays to set your own reminders on your phone and things like that. I feel if someone truly wanted to be there, they would make more of an effort to remember.
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:30 pm Yes, why wouldn’t I ?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds like they don't want to go to whatever you are inviting them to.

Some people have a valid reason to be forgetful. ADD/ADHD is one.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 pm I show up to things she invites us to with no reminders. Not sure why it’s so hard for her to do the same. I probably won’t tell her why no more invites and she won’t notice or care.

quote=Emmasmom post_id=755816 time=1594147324 user_id=1360]
[/quote]

Behavior cant changed if its ignored. You need to tell them why so they can try and make adjustments. If you're really friends, give them that much. And if things don't change, you know you tries
Anonymous 3

Unread post

yes I would. My brother can't remember birthdays, party dates or the actual day upcoming holidays are on (If the 4th falls on a Tuesday type thing). I always call/text to remind him & I do it multiple times the closer it gets to the day he needs to remember.
Locked Previous topicNext topic