Another COVID school post s/o

Has your school announced their plans for the 2020-2021 school year?

Yes
20%
No
63%
Other
18%

Total votes: 40
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Our districts were making plans to start July 29th. Then the Governor pushed back the in-school date to Aug 17th. Now I think our districts are making plans to start remote learning on July 29th but nothing has been announced for certain.

The HS district just sent out info the other day to do registration of all students. Returning student who already have an online account can just go online to register. For new students there are instructions on how to get an online code or to go into the school office. Registration starts tomorrow.

Whatever they are going to do, they need to decide and announce fast because the original start date is only 3 weeks away. Parents need to know ahead of time so they can make arrangements.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My dd starts college next month and we have received their plans for the semester.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My boys district board was supposed to vote on the 30th but I don’t know what happened-they didn’t

The district I teach in was one of the first to close before the governors mandate and we haven’t heard their plan yet either.

Honestly I don’t see any normalcy for any district this year.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, no definite plan yet. The state issued guidelines on June 30th that basically just put all the responsibility on local school systems/districts to decide what to do. School is supposed to start August 6, I believe. DH is an agriscience teacher at the high school, and he still doesn’t know what classes he is going to teach this year.

This has been a weird year.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The colleges don't start until late September here. Two of them already announced that some classes will be online, and others will be in person. Face masks required.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 pm Not sure. A survey was sent out to parents and school staff about the concern about returning to school. All I’m sure of is a start date Aug25th.
Same.

I don't know whether to buy uniforms or more alcohol. 😏
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:41 am
Inmybizz wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 pm Not sure. A survey was sent out to parents and school staff about the concern about returning to school. All I’m sure of is a start date Aug25th.
Same.

I don't know whether to buy uniforms or more alcohol. 😏
Alcohol.. lots of alcohol.

I’m very concerned. I work with middle school children and I’m positive we are going to have a lot of pushback about following procedures. I’m concerned parents won’t support staff. Example child going around licking people on the cheek. Child gets suspended. Parent will fight that suspension instead of dealing with their child.

I’m rambling.. I hope this works out.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They have provided some information, but nothing is finalized. ODD has the most information. She’ll be heading to college in the fall, and her school has said that students will return but have a mix of in-person and online classes, with all large classes being online. They’ll also have to wear face masks. Their semester will end (at least in-person) by Thanksgiving to minimize travel risk.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My highschooler doesn't even have a schedule yet. She's going into grade 12 and freaking out because they don't have her scheduled in any classes she actually asked for. It looks like they've just stuck kids anywhere right now until they know what's going on. We don't go back till after labour day, though.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Trump said back to school or he will cut funding.
Locked Previous topicNext topic