Another COVID school post s/o

Has your school announced their plans for the 2020-2021 school year?

Yes
20%
No
63%
Other
18%

Total votes: 40
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How many weeks until your school is "supposed" to start? Our school year should start in exactly 5 weeks, but our district has not announced the plan for the school year.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

26 days until my district is supposed to go back. I had to look since I homeschool.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not really... We received a video message from the district superintendent with messages from the principals from the schools that our children go to letting us know that they are in the planning stages, but things can change. At this point they are looking at 2 in-person days and 3 digital learning days per week. Kids will be placed in either Group A (M/W) or Group B (T/Th) for in person learning and Friday will be digital for everyone. This is the tentative plan for the middle school and high school, but nothing is set in stone at this point. We are supposed to go back on Sept. 9th. We still know nothing regarding masks, social distancing, etc...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

20200630_185249.jpg
This is my school. I hear our governor does want us to open. The teachers aren't happy. But nothing official yet. What ods is waiting for is what they'll do about his dorm assignment. I have a feeling he may be going remote again.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Our district sent out a survey to parents and I am assuming that the "plan" will be based on the results of that survey. However, nothing has been announced. There has been ever increasing push by our teachers to not hold in-person classes so I think that has been a consideration. Due to the questions on the survey, I think we'll either be completely on-line or a hybrid of on-line and in-person classes.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I chose other because my state has announced a plan but my children’s specific schools have not. The state plan is full-time in school with masks required for everyone so long as our numbers remain good. I am in CT and think sending kids to school full time in the fall is the right call for my state, but I’m hoping they reconsider the mask requirement for young children.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

9 weeks till school starts and nothing has been said in my district. The parent-student questionnaire is due on Friday July 10th so no decision will be made till they go through those. We have been given three different options
1 - Full Online
2 - two days in school, three days online
3 - full time school with social distancing and health protocols in place (like masks, assigned seating)
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not sure. A survey was sent out to parents and school staff about the concern about returning to school. All I’m sure of is a start date Aug25th.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They’ve announced some plans but still have to finalize others. They sent a survey yesterday about what people prefer to do.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Exactly 5 weeks here too. Our governor (NC) was supposed to announce the plans on July 1 but said he is delaying the announcement so it's still up in the air.
Locked Previous topicNext topic