How were you as a

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Child 1 & 2, obsessive, nearly neurotic about schedules, nap times, screen time, learning activities, age-appropriate media, resting during illness, etc.

Child 3, she's basically feral, as all the above become distant memories of a different era, when I gave a damn.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The kids at home had a semi routine. We weren't super strict. Yes, the kids went places if we wanted to go out. There are 7 years between them though. If the kids were sick, we stayed home. Didn't wanna spread it around.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We were pretty easygoing and laid back. We had 3 under 3 (which is why we waited a few years before we had the 4th!) so if one of them napped, I was more than happy to let them sleep. Getting all 3 of them down was extremely rare. One would get to sleep, and then another would wake up. The twins were preemies, so we didn’t really take them out much at first.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

We're a casual family. We ignored our kids unless they needed something and they all turned out great.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Places- Yes. Just about anywhere and everywhere.

Nap time strictness- Wasn't strict but did do them until the child seemed to not need them

Bday parties during nap times- if we really wanted to go, we'd go to anything during nap time

Sick child & going out- Fever means child stays home

Naps at Christmas- Holidays didn't dictate when my child got a nap. If going out at night, definitely a nap.

I'd say I was pretty chill when my kids were very little. I just did what seemed to make sense.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am mom when you had a newborn and later a toddler? Did you take your baby places? Were you strict on nap times? If there was a birthday party during a nap time, would you not go? If your child had a cold, would you stay home? If it was Christmas, would you keep up with nap times? Just a few examples/questions but just wondering in general how you were as a mom when you had a baby and a toddler.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That’s pretty much how I was as well. If we were out and about, they would just fall asleep in the car and that was their nap. For other times not at home and if they were fussy, I would just hold them and rock them and they fell asleep most of the time. My son actually was not a good napper unless I was holding him. My dd was a good sleeper all around.

quote="Anonymous 3" post_id=755793 time=1594145587]
Places- Yes. Just about anywhere and everywhere.

Nap time strictness- Wasn't strict but did do them until the child seemed to not need them

Bday parties during nap times- if we really wanted to go, we'd go to anything during nap time

Naps at Christmas- Holidays didn't dictate when my child got a nap. If going out at night, definitely a nap.

I'd say I was pretty chill when my kids were very little. I just did what seemed to make sense.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am mom when you had a newborn and later a toddler? Did you take your baby places? Were you strict on nap times? If there was a birthday party during a nap time, would you not go? If your child had a cold, would you stay home? If it was Christmas, would you keep up with nap times? Just a few examples/questions but just wondering in general how you were as a mom when you had a baby and a toddler.
[/quote]
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, kids raise themselves. Slight guidances here and there is all they need.

Once they could walk, they were off.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:13 pm Places- Yes. Just about anywhere and everywhere.

All of this.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

#1 was born on Tuesday, we were home Wednesday and out at Hobby Lobby on Friday. We weren’t germaphobic with him at all-bottles we’re run through the dishwasher, binkies were rinsed off but not sanitized if they fell.

As a toddler I had #2 and we kept on going. Naps happened in the car, in a stroller, wherever. If we were home I had a schedule but wasn’t concerned if we were plus or minus on either side.

Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I had zero help and my husband was working two jobs. My son had colic and didn't sleep longer that 45 minutes for the first two years. Then I had my daughter. I was tandem breast feeding an infant and a toddler, hadn't slept longer than 30 minutes in two years, and was completely alone and starving. On top of that I had terrible PPD. I did what I could to keep us alive. I didn't have the luxury of being able to be paranoid about the petty stuff.
Locked Previous topicNext topic