Who thinks this is a "Great" idea?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

SS had football camp for all of four days before it was shut down. Three people tested positive for COVID. They want to start back up next week. The numbers in our area are higher than ever. DH told SS he can't go. SS is mad but DH feels his health is more important than a football camp that will more than likely be shut down again. (The camp is three hours away so it isn't all that easy to take precautions in my opinion)
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don’t think I would allow it either but it might affect my decision on how the child is and how old. Like if
he’s older and this is his passion, I would take everything into consideration and have a big discussion about it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:11 am SS had football camp for all of four days before it was shut down. Three people tested positive for COVID. They want to start back up next week. The numbers in our area are higher than ever. DH told SS he can't go. SS is mad but DH feels his health is more important than a football camp that will more than likely be shut down again. (The camp is three hours away so it isn't all that easy to take precautions in my opinion)
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t allow it either, not when the situation is still that bad.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would not be okay with it. I'm super surprised that all of the schools are starting football practices here. Our state is surging and it is crazy to me how "buck wild" people are being here.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kid wouldn't be going to a high contact sport camp. All it would take is one person to infect everyone there.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:11 am SS had football camp for all of four days before it was shut down. Three people tested positive for COVID. They want to start back up next week. The numbers in our area are higher than ever. DH told SS he can't go. SS is mad but DH feels his health is more important than a football camp that will more than likely be shut down again. (The camp is three hours away so it isn't all that easy to take precautions in my opinion)
No I don't think it's a great idea. And I'm no fan of children playing football.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not a "great" idea.

BUT, to play devil's advocate, the risk of school age children dying or becoming severely ill is extremely low, practically non-existent. For the first time in my life, I understand chickenpox parties (which tells me I'm going a bit crazy). As the kiddo population, it's a low risk disease, you can actively quarantine them for a known amount of time (as opposed to our strategy of indefinitely now) from the vulnerable once sick, then they have antibodies, so hopefully they are lower risk to spread it to the vulnerable & adults, all school year long. -- NOT SUGGESTING WE DO THAT, but I am growing desperate in my thoughts.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I wouldn't be crazed that SS is going to get it and die what seals the deal for me is that they will keep closing and you keep going 6 hours away to get him home every time someone tests positive. I would call football camp cancelled for this year.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

20200707_114159.jpg
Apparently, and say what you want about BSA, they're more concerned than the football leagues. They cancelled all the summer camps here but practice goes on.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:44 am 20200707_114159.jpgApparently, and say what you want about BSA, they're more concerned than the football leagues. They cancelled all the summer camps here but practice goes on.
Girl scouts cancelled all of their camps too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic