Who thinks this is a "Great" idea?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:31 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:44 am 20200707_114159.jpgApparently, and say what you want about BSA, they're more concerned than the football leagues. They cancelled all the summer camps here but practice goes on.
Girl scouts cancelled all of their camps too.
It's rumored the scout and assistant scout master nearly cried. I did although it was probably PMS lol. I just wanted some normalcy. Ds17 was okay with it though.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Aw! I'm sorry. :(
Whatever sorts of things were planned for that camp...could he do any of those things at home?
Pjmm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:57 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:44 am 20200707_114159.jpgApparently, and say what you want about BSA, they're more concerned than the football leagues. They cancelled all the summer camps here but practice goes on.
It's rumored the scout and assistant scout master nearly cried. I did although it was probably PMS lol. I just wanted some normalcy. Ds17 was okay with it though.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:57 pm
My girls were super disappointed, though they understand why. They've gone to the same day camp for like 6 or 7 years and the younger one was going to get to be a PAIT (Program Aide in Training) this year.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't know. But DS15 is on the HS swim team which is supposed to start up in August. I really hope they find a way to still do it. Swim team does wonders for DS's socialness, confidence, self-esteem, etc and IMO it would be worth the risk of a virus that they say can't transmit through water.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Nope. Not something I’d allow
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn’t allow it either.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:34 am Not a "great" idea.

BUT, to play devil's advocate, the risk of school age children dying or becoming severely ill is extremely low, practically non-existent. For the first time in my life, I understand chickenpox parties (which tells me I'm going a bit crazy). As the kiddo population, it's a low risk disease, you can actively quarantine them for a known amount of time (as opposed to our strategy of indefinitely now) from the vulnerable once sick, then they have antibodies, so hopefully they are lower risk to spread it to the vulnerable & adults, all school year long. -- NOT SUGGESTING WE DO THAT, but I am growing desperate in my thoughts.
My kids are in day camp right now because I trust the owners / directors and they needed to be around other children for a few weeks. We can’t keep children locked down forever.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No way.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't let them go either and we don't have high numbers in my area. I think right now in my county we only have around 30-ish active cases...
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, especially with the numbers in your area being higher than ever and the fact that people at the camp have already tested positive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic