I'm ready to start Christmas shopping!

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:07 am I'm usually not such an early shopper but with my summer vacation being canceled and nothing being as it should, I'm thinking about starting my Christmas shopping early. Christmas feels like the one thing I have for certain to look forward to this year! Anyone else looking ahead to stuff that you usually aren't thinking about so early?
Too early for Christmas posts.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:10 am My DD's birthday is in a couple of weeks so we already have that planned, and then we don't have any birthdays until after Christmas! I usually don't really start in on the Christmas shopping until after my fall vacation but it looks like we may not get to take one this year. Still hoping we can but I'm not confident enough to start planning it just yet. I just need *something* to look forward to!
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 am Nope. I don't even think about Christmas until after my oldest's birthday in November.
My youngest's BFF is 8/2, my BIL is 8/3, my youngest will be 12 on 8/4, my Dh's is 9/4, my niece's is 9/9, and my SIL is 9/13, my FIL is 9/24.. my MIL is 10/20, my oldest is 11/5. I have no clue what we are doing for dd's birthday. Absolutely no clue at all. The only birthdays that are in the first of the year are my mom's, my other SIL, mine, GMIL and brother's. Everybody else is in the fall.
Dh and I are supposed to be in Europe 10/2-10/16 for a river cruise. According to the cruise line it is still happening, but we have to find out if the EU is going to allow US citizens to travel there. We're just in a holding pattern. I'm not getting my hopes up about the trip at all.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I would normally agree with you but with everything going on right now, I thought maybe others would be on the same page as me. It appears not. :lol:
MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:07 am I'm usually not such an early shopper but with my summer vacation being canceled and nothing being as it should, I'm thinking about starting my Christmas shopping early. Christmas feels like the one thing I have for certain to look forward to this year! Anyone else looking ahead to stuff that you usually aren't thinking about so early?
Too early for Christmas posts.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

All I want to see is December 31st the stroke of midnight.
Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

We don't do Christmas, so I technically finished my Christmas shopping in 2001🤣

The big thing we do is "locker surprise" and "passing presents". At the end of the school year we do a big gift day to celebrate the end of the school year. The kids would come home on the last day to a living room full of gifts and goodies. This year we didn't wrap anything and since they are never more than 10 feet away from us, we couldn't really make anything a surprise. But they still got cool gifts.

At the beginning of the school year, on Meet-the-teacher night, I leave a special surprise in their locker for them to find the next day. Not sure how that will work this year, but we'll figure it out.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, I have decided everyone is just getting money this year.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, but if it brings you a dash of happiness go for it!
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s too early to be thinking Christmas for me.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Enjoy every moment! There was nothing as magical for me about parenting as seeing the kids so shocked and excited for Christmas gifts.

After last year, I sort of thought, you know, we don't need more things, so let's try a vacation over Christmas this year, but that didn't work out so well, lol, I better come up with some different gifts, LOL.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 am Thank you! I'm sorry Christmas is getting less remarkable for your family. My kids are growing up too but they're still really into Christmas, for now.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:55 am Enjoy!

Have a ton of fun!

I used to love Christmas shopping when the kids were younger, I went crazy & it was so much fun.

but this Christmas, they will be 13, 11 & 7. And now their hobbies are gaming & screens — and they have all the devices & tech they need! They are not into clothes or shoes, so they want & need for nothing. So it’s actually a little sad, as Xmas morning will be sort of unremarkable and dull compared to Xmas in the past. I’d cancel family gifts and just adopt another family if it was not for the 7 year old.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have almost nobody to shop for this year. I have one niece, but she doesn't even know me, and doesn't really thank me for what I get her so I don't if she likes it or not. She's a teen now and hard to shop for anyway, so it's more of a chore than fun to buy for her. DH and I are getting divorced, and I have no bio kids so.... I guess there's mom, dad, and my brother, but dad and bro are hard to shop for so what's the point?
Locked Previous topicNext topic