Can I ask not to have her on my service?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:53 pm You’re not even pregnant yet and worrying about this? Plus do you really think you should be planning a baby during a pandemic?!
I am not putting my life on hold for something that probably won’t be an issue 10 months from now
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:56 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:43 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:34 pm Yes you can tell them you don't want her as a nurse. Why didn't you file a complaint about her with the hospital? I would imagine a nurse who attempts to use essential oils on a patient would be fired immediately.
Nurses don't get fired for using essential oils. They are used a lot in nursing.
In what hospital? Not in my state.
In many hospitals. I have traveled in 40 states as a nurse and have only had one hospital that did not allow them.

They are used all the time in health care. It shouldn't be used in place of prescribed medications if the patient wants those meds though.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm So SO and I are TTC baby #3. For 1 and 2, there was this God awful nurse in the post partum wing that almost killed me. I think I posted about her before. I was too sick during my first delivery/post partum to remember her name. The first time, she told me my pulmonary embolism was just gas and told me I was overdramatic about it. By the time they caught that it was a PE, my lung had started to collapse. I was so sick. It was terrifying. I feel like there’s more she did to me that i just don’t remember. I remembered her the second time. I made a note of her name. On my second baby, she asked me if he was planned, and if he was to remember how much pain after birth I have when considering whether to have a third. Any time I had anxiety, instead of giving me the meds my doctor prescribed, she’d wave these stupid essential oil sticks in my face. When I needed to take walks, she’d force me to walk faster than I was ready to. One time, she took my son during breastfeeding and sent him to the nursery for a bottle because I needed to walk. Every time I asked for meds, she’d brag about her patients who didn’t need them (I had a csection with several complications). She never let me wait for meds to kick in before making me walk.

So what I’m wondering is if for #3 I can just request that she not be my nurse. Has anyone ever done this? I hate to be the high maintenance/picky patient, but she gave me awful anxiety and an experience I’ll never forget.
I find this hard to believe.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm So SO and I are TTC baby #3. For 1 and 2, there was this God awful nurse in the post partum wing that almost killed me. I think I posted about her before. I was too sick during my first delivery/post partum to remember her name. The first time, she told me my pulmonary embolism was just gas and told me I was overdramatic about it. By the time they caught that it was a PE, my lung had started to collapse. I was so sick. It was terrifying. I feel like there’s more she did to me that i just don’t remember. I remembered her the second time. I made a note of her name. On my second baby, she asked me if he was planned, and if he was to remember how much pain after birth I have when considering whether to have a third. Any time I had anxiety, instead of giving me the meds my doctor prescribed, she’d wave these stupid essential oil sticks in my face. When I needed to take walks, she’d force me to walk faster than I was ready to. One time, she took my son during breastfeeding and sent him to the nursery for a bottle because I needed to walk. Every time I asked for meds, she’d brag about her patients who didn’t need them (I had a csection with several complications). She never let me wait for meds to kick in before making me walk.

So what I’m wondering is if for #3 I can just request that she not be my nurse. Has anyone ever done this? I hate to be the high maintenance/picky patient, but she gave me awful anxiety and an experience I’ll never forget.
It is 10000% true. I have no reason to lie. I wish I was making it up. I had so much anxiety before my second csection because of it. Part of me is still shocked at the things the nurse did and said.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Honestly if she was that bad I would consider choosing a different hospital or birthing center just to avoid her, if necessary.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

using essential oils is fine but not if the patient isn't in agreement. and yes, you can ask for her to not be your nurse. it's not a big deal and they cannot refuse you your request
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:50 pm

I don’t understand why. I had a nurse that was an ass when I almost died with my son. I had an infection in my bowel and my fever was really high. After my stay in ICU, they sent me to maternity ward. Unfortunately, the infection made me incontinent and I had an accident. She refused to help me clean myself and handed me a rag and told me to do it myself. I couldn’t. I ended up falling asleep because it took all I had to just try and clean myself. My husband went off on the nurse and told the front desk that they better not send her back in my room. They didn’t.

Op, I’m sure you can request that she not be there.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:43 pm

Nurses don't get fired for using essential oils. They are used a lot in nursing.
In many hospitals. I have traveled in 40 states as a nurse and have only had one hospital that did not allow them.

They are used all the time in health care. It shouldn't be used in place of prescribed medications if the patient wants those meds though.
I don't believe that for one minute. Essential oils are not approved medicines. Patients can probably bring them or the birthing assistants they hire can use them, but the hospital will not have them and hospital staff certainly would not have access to them in their stock.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 pm

I don't believe that for one minute. Essential oils are not approved medicines. Patients can probably bring them or the birthing assistants they hire can use them, but the hospital will not have them and hospital staff certainly would not have access to them in their stock.
Your ignorance doesn't change the facts. I just used some lavender to help with nausea last night. They are commonly used and the information is easily found out there about it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic