Media room or home gym?

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Both,

Make it so that you have to be riding the bike or on the treadmill in order to power the screen. If you stop exercising the screen goes off.
โ€œ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night โ€œ - Sarah Williams
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL! Thatโ€™s a good idea! Although I would have my kids riding that bike while I sit on the couch ๐Ÿ˜‚
Frau Holle wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:08 pm Both,

Make it so that you have to be riding the bike or on the treadmill in order to power the screen. If you stop exercising the screen goes off.
โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ืขืžืณ ื™ืฉืจืืœ ื—ื™ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑโค๏ธ
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would pick the media room for two reasons.

1. I know I'm horribly lazy about doing any excercise at home so a home gym would be a waste of space.

2. A media room could double as a teen hang out space and we desperately need one of those. It's one thing we wish we thought about when we bought this house, and one thing we would renovate for if we had the money.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We did both but we donโ€™t have a gym. Just an elliptical and a treadmill. If youโ€™re only doing one, Iโ€™d pick media room. That way everyone gets to enjoy it all of the time.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:09 pm I would pick the media room for two reasons.

1. I know I'm horribly lazy about doing any excercise at home so a home gym would be a waste of space.

2. A media room could double as a teen hang out space and we desperately need one of those. It's one thing we wish we thought about when we bought this house, and one thing we would renovate for if we had the money.
That was our big reason for finishing the basement and it was worth every penny. Kids love it!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:09 pm I would pick the media room for two reasons.

That was our big reason for finishing the basement and it was worth every penny. Kids love it!
I kind of wish we had a basement for that reason. Basements are very rare around here. In fact, I've never heard of a basement existing in this area.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 pm

I kind of wish we had a basement for that reason. Basements are very rare around here. In fact, I've never heard of a basement existing in this area.
Everyone around here has a basement and I would say almost all of them are finished. It is a extension of your home.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:08 pm Both,

Hahaha!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:36 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 pm
Everyone around here has a basement and I would say almost all of them are finished. It is a extension of your home.
Around here, it's the hard desert ground that makes basements too spendy and time consuming for most builders. They don't want to do it. Plus the lack of freezing weather means the foundation of the home only has to be 18 inches down.
Instead of a basement, you often find what is typically called an "Arizona Room" as part of the home.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 am We cannot decide if we should turn the extra space in our basement into a media recliners, large screen Movie watching room OR a home gym with weight set & bike trainer.

Just for fun, what would you choose and why?
We already have na home gym, so I would go with media room
Locked Previous topicNext topic