Do you think people can change or is it once a racist always a racist?

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:58 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:56 pm I think being racist is a born in behavior that stems from human interaction within cultures and tribes.

Becoming a non racist population is going to be much harder because it took 200,000 years to get here.
Are you a racist? were you born a racist?
Yes and yes.

I think everyone is, although most people don’t wish harm or pain on anyone else so they don’t see themselves as racist.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:01 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:56 pm I think being racist is a born in behavior that stems from human interaction within cultures and tribes.

Becoming a non racist population is going to be much harder because it took 200,000 years to get here.
Yes and yes.

I think everyone is, although most people don’t wish harm or pain on anyone else so they don’t see themselves as racist.
It's a learned behavior, no one is born a racist.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:56 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:49 pm Can people change? Yes and I honestly hope that he has. That doesn't mean that he is completely absolved of what he did and that it just goes away, but it means he is working on his own personal progress and that is appreciated.
completely absolved...what the ever living fck is your problem. seriously you are the biggest racist i have ever come in contact with, except of course for the blm movement.
Who the hell do you think you are? People change PERIOD. They don't need your approval to change they don't actually give two shits about what you think.
He's changed but you continue to be a disgusting racist.
Your words are incorrect so they mean nothing to me. You can not force every single person to forgive what he did. I don't need your approval.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

People are usually indoctrinated with this shit usually as children. People can grow up and learn it's bullshit and change.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:07 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:49 pm Can people change? Yes and I honestly hope that he has. That doesn't mean that he is completely absolved of what he did and that it just goes away, but it means he is working on his own personal progress and that is appreciated.
completely absolved...what the ever living fck is your problem. seriously you are the biggest racist i have ever come in contact with, except of course for the blm movement.
Who the hell do you think you are? People change PERIOD. They don't need your approval to change they don't actually give two shits about what you think.
Your words are incorrect so they mean nothing to me. You can not force every single person to forgive what he did. I don't need your approval.
He doesn't need your "forgiveness". Which if you knew anything you'd know why that part would be just as important as what he's saying now.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:07 pm
You responded so they meant something to you. And no one needs your approval to validate their changed life.
What I've said about you is true....you believe that everyone and everything is racist. We've seen far to many of your posts to not think of you any other way. Several other members over the last year and more have commented about your reverse racism.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

People can change.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Absolutely people can change. Racism is taught and people can grow and learn and decide that it doesn't make sense to them anymore.

Saying that people are born racist is utter nonsense and I can't believe people think that way.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Yes and yes.

I disagree.

Every human being, and every animal that lives in groups for that matter is born with the instinct that you protect family as a first priority and all outsiders could be a threat.

It has been bred into us since before we became modern humans.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:52 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Yes and yes.

I disagree.

Every human being, and every animal that lives in groups for that matter is born with the instinct that you protect family as a first priority and all outsiders could be a threat.

It has been bred into us since before we became modern humans.
How is that racism?
Locked Previous topicNext topic