Fitness apps... any advice?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Maybe a stupid question but there are so many I'm having trouble wading through them. I'm looking for something that can track workouts done at home, with or without instructions and specific workout suggestions. That part doesn't matter to me.

I want it to be something that my friend can also download where we can share, compete, motivate each other, and just generally see each other's progress. Preferably something free or a cheap one time purchase. She's out of work right now.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm Maybe a stupid question but there are so many I'm having trouble wading through them. I'm looking for something that can track workouts done at home, with or without instructions and specific workout suggestions. That part doesn't matter to me.

I want it to be something that my friend can also download where we can share, compete, motivate each other, and just generally see each other's progress. Preferably something free or a cheap one time purchase. She's out of work right now.
Is there a weight loss goal?

I admit, I am not very versatile. I use MyFitnessPlan, the free version, have never upgraded it. I know you can invite friend to join you from Facebook or contacts from my phone, although I have never done so. You put your food into it, and then you can log your work-outs. I personally have my connected to my Garmin device, but that is absolutely not necessary.

It's so helpful to me for weight loss & tracking calories consumed & burned.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Definitely a weight loss goal for me! But more about getting active and trying to combat our anxiety issues. I think the weight loss should come naturally once I'm active again. I'll check that one out and see what it's like, thanks!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:36 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm Maybe a stupid question but there are so many I'm having trouble wading through them. I'm looking for something that can track workouts done at home, with or without instructions and specific workout suggestions. That part doesn't matter to me.

I admit, I am not very versatile. I use MyFitnessPlan, the free version, have never upgraded it. I know you can invite friend to join you from Facebook or contacts from my phone, although I have never done so. You put your food into it, and then you can log your work-outs. I personally have my connected to my Garmin device, but that is absolutely not necessary.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:49 pm Definitely a weight loss goal for me! But more about getting active and trying to combat our anxiety issues. I think the weight loss should come naturally once I'm active again. I'll check that one out and see what it's like, thanks!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:36 pm

I just realized my spell correction changed it — it should be my Fitness Pal, Not plan, lol.

Good luck. I am only successful when I track calories with activity. I soothe my soul with carbs & fat, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic