Disband and defund the police?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Who then would I call if I'm raped? Who then do I call if my child is abducted? Who then do I call when my neighbor is illegally burning a fire? Who then do I call someone breaks into my home?

I'm so confused by this.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard and I cannot believe that people are actually entertaining this thought for even one moment...
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Only idiots think they can police themselves. Send in therapists... lmao! I've never heard such stupidity in my life.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Who is called when a naked man is walking down the middle of the street? Who gets called when some idiot tries to blow up an atm to steal the money? Who gets called when a man is beating his wife and children? Who gets called when a woman steals a baby from someone's home?
Help me make sense of this lunacy?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

OP - what are you talking about? What source is calling for disbanding police?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:51 am OP - what are you talking about? What source is calling for disbanding police?
Numerous state and local representatives. Google it, its shocking the number of people that are getting behind this. Honestly I am completely bewildered at such a proposal.

Someone please help me understand this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:51 am OP - what are you talking about? What source is calling for disbanding police?
I'd post the links if I could. I have never been successful with figuring out how to do that no matter how many times i read the directions/instructions. Sorry.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It is a thing..It is all over the place online that people are calling for the defunding of the police. There is a post in N&P about it as well.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Here are two articles I found with a quick Google search. LA mayor is already cutting the budget of their police force and others are discussing it...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewst ... -up-steam/

https://www.newsweek.com/defund-police- ... ns-1508761
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Just like defunding the post office this is a stupid idea. I think they do need training on how to deal with certain situations like with the mentally ill and other situations. They need to use less aggression. Shoot first and ask questions later is not working out but to completely defund them no.
Locked Previous topicNext topic