Disband and defund the police?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Thats about as intelligent as letting prisoners out of jail so they don't get covid.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:58 am
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:51 am OP - what are you talking about? What source is calling for disbanding police?
Numerous state and local representatives. Google it, its shocking the number of people that are getting behind this. Honestly I am completely bewildered at such a proposal.

Someone please help me understand this.
Reducing budgets and reallocating funding is not "disbanding" the police. In many areas the funds could be better spent on other services that might lead to early intervention, social services or drug treatment programs which reduce crime.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:51 am OP - what are you talking about? What source is calling for disbanding police?
From plenty of the rioting over the last week+ many of those people have called for abolishing the police. Right along with ACAB(all cops are bastards) shouts.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:00 pm
It is a thing..It is all over the place online that people are calling for the defunding of the police. There is a post in N&P about it as well.
Yes, cities are looking at the police budgets and how the money is spent - including the large settlements paid for by tax dollars when police harm citizens. But that is quite different than "disband the police."
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think she is referring to cities discussing cutting police departments budgets and diverting those funds to social programs. The horror!
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not a good idea.

The people who would be fine with it are the exact same people that do not want you to remain safe.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah because a therapist is a great person to send to a active shooter situation with mass casualties.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve seen this along with people calling for the police to be abolished, and I cannot believe anyone would be this ignorant or stupid. Really? You want all order and enforcement of consequences gone? You want chaos and lawlessness and people murdering each other in the street with no repercussion? Who’s going to come help you when there’s an active shooter, your house is being robbed, your child is missing, you’re being followed by a suspicious vehicle, etc. The lunacy is disturbing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:07 pm Thats about as intelligent as letting prisoners out of jail so they don't get covid.
It's cheaper than the jail having to pay for Covid treatment.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well... maybe when they need a cop and they can’t find one to help them because they’re disbanded they’ll learn to appreciate them. 🤷‍♀️
And well... if all these protesters are a fine example of how we can properly “police” ourselves.... come on. 🙄
Two wrongs don’t make a right, people.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic