Something I find sad

Anonymous 1

Unread post

In 1955 Emmett Till was killed for supposedly winking at a white woman. Something the lady later recanted. He was a black kid visiting the south. He was killed on someone else’s word. Delivered a death sentence without any evidence. Here we are 65 years later and we still have death sentences being delivered without evidence or a trial. We still have citizens doling out vigilante justice.

I also find it sad that in ten years my nephew will be 15 and probably hanging out with friends and his parents will have to tell him to be careful because being half black, he will be judged harder than his brother.

We have got to do better. We have to take care of people.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My DS is almost 18 and I'm scared every time he leaves the house. We finally got to schedule a very important appointment for him 2 weeks ago It was for this past Tuesday at 5pm however we canceled it because of everything that is going on and protest and looters were in the area. We were not taking our chances with him getting stopped and possibly arrested for nothing.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We've come so far as a country and still have gone no where.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes we do need to do better. It’s scary out there.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I find it sad that half truths and myths about race are still perpetuated. What happened to Emmet Till was horrible in every sense of the word. It's not happening now though. Numbers don't lie and the fact is that black men are killed the majority of the time by other black men, at a rate of 93%. Not white men nor the police. There is no outrage over that. The police kill more white people every year. It's also a true that black on white crime averages out at 91% while white on black crime averages 9%. No one wants to hear that though. Certain crimes go severely under reported by the media while others are manipulated and rammed down our throats and here we are, the country is in crisis, other parts of the world believe the lies and people are just eating it up.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

TRUTH
They don't want the truth, they can't handle the truth. They thrive on this racist bs they thrive on chaos and violence. They thrive on playing the victim.

THANK YOU
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:20 am I find it sad that half truths and myths about race are still perpetuated. What happened to Emmet Till was horrible in every sense of the word. It's not happening now though. Numbers don't lie and the fact is that black men are killed the majority of the time by other black men, at a rate of 93%. Not white men nor the police. There is no outrage over that. The police kill more white people every year. It's also a true that black on white crime averages out at 91% while white on black crime averages 9%. No one wants to hear that though. Certain crimes go severely under reported by the media while others are manipulated and rammed down our throats and here we are, the country is in crisis, other parts of the world believe the lies and people are just eating it up.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:53 am In 1955 Emmett Till was killed for supposedly winking at a white woman. Something the lady later recanted. He was a black kid visiting the south. He was killed on someone else’s word. Delivered a death sentence without any evidence. Here we are 65 years later and we still have death sentences being delivered without evidence or a trial. We still have citizens doling out vigilante justice.

I also find it sad that in ten years my nephew will be 15 and probably hanging out with friends and his parents will have to tell him to be careful because being half black, he will be judged harder than his brother.

We have got to do better. We have to take care of people.
We do have to do better. The Emmett Till case has always weighed so heavy on my heart.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Who is “they”? It doesn’t matter if George Floyd was guilty or not. He should have not been killed. He was not a threat. It’s not about playing the victim.

Do some people play the victim? Sure. But most don’t. Some of the rioting and looting in my city has come at the hands of whites and Mexicans.

My best friends husband is black. They were pulled over not long ago and they had my friend step out of the car to ask her if she was okay. She was also asked if she felt safe continuing with him. Would that have happened if he was white? This is why people are upset.

-a white woman
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:40 am TRUTH
They don't want the truth, they can't handle the truth. They thrive on this racist bs they thrive on chaos and violence. They thrive on playing the victim.

THANK YOU
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:20 am I find it sad that half truths and myths about race are still perpetuated. What happened to Emmet Till was horrible in every sense of the word. It's not happening now though. Numbers don't lie and the fact is that black men are killed the majority of the time by other black men, at a rate of 93%. Not white men nor the police. There is no outrage over that. The police kill more white people every year. It's also a true that black on white crime averages out at 91% while white on black crime averages 9%. No one wants to hear that though. Certain crimes go severely under reported by the media while others are manipulated and rammed down our throats and here we are, the country is in crisis, other parts of the world believe the lies and people are just eating it up.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Where are you getting your numbers?

It's not happening now? I suppose you believe Ahmaud Arbery wasn't chased down and murdered in 2020.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I worry about my 14 year old every time he is out without me. It's not a new worry. I have ever since he started being old enough to go without me and past the age of "cute".
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic