He legit just called me weak!! I’m never going back there again!

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:33 pm We have this store that sells healthy shakes and teas, I usually go there a lot but never again!

I go there this morning and order a strawberry shake, that is supposed to be like a health drink, and as he’s making it we start talking chit chat and I say I like having one before I workout because I noticed If I don’t have anything I get shakey . He then goes on to say “”Yeah, you’re weak, you need more protein and carbs”

What??? Did you actually just call me weak??? Good luck making it in this town because if that’s how you treat people you’re going to go out of business this year.
:roll: :roll:
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Seriously...
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a joke, right?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You have hypoglycemia. The last thing you should be doing is drinking all that sugar. You need protein and some healthy fat before you go to work out, not carbs.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What he said wasn't an insult. It was an observation that your body needs more protein when you exercise.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm I wouldn’t have taken it badly.
Right. He didn’t mean it like that.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

WTH? Have you all lost your minds? She doesn’t owe this guy her business. He’s not her personal trainer, and had no business overstepping like that. It was rude.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:33 pm I say I like having one before I workout because I noticed If I don’t have anything I get shakey . He then goes on to say “”Yeah, you’re weak, you need more protein and carbs”

What??? Did you actually just call me weak???
I don't think he's actually calling you a weakling or not strong but instead, trying to help you by pointing out that if you're getting shaky from not eating or having anything, your BODY itself is weak and this could be serious.

Proteins and carbs will help with this.

So will checking your blood sugar.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think he was giving you an explanation of why you get shaky and weak. I don't think he meant any harm by it. Maybe you should take his words into consideration.

Mom of monkeys
Countess
Countess

Unread post

You need good carbs for energy for your body to create atp. You need protein post workout to aid with recovery.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:55 pm You have hypoglycemia. The last thing you should be doing is drinking all that sugar. You need protein and some healthy fat before you go to work out, not carbs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic