Do you track your kids’ location?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:31 pm No I just have never felt the need with my sons. My sister tracks my niece and nephews every movement (19 & 18) and I find it so strange.
I find that strange to track their every movement. I knew a mom whose dd was in college and she’d always track her and ask why wasn’t she in her dorm at a certain time, etc. Just batshit crazy. The only time I ever used it with my 18 yo dd was the car accident. Other than that, I’ve never had a reason nor desire to. My line of work definitely makes me more paranoid than most though.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:31 pm No I just have never felt the need with my sons. My sister tracks my niece and nephews every movement (19 & 18) and I find it so strange.
I find that strange to track their every movement. I knew a mom whose dd was in college and she’d always track her and ask why wasn’t she in her dorm at a certain time, etc. Just batshit crazy. The only time I ever used it with my 18 yo dd was the car accident. Other than that, I’ve never had a reason nor desire to. My line of work definitely makes me more paranoid than most though.
Yes she tracks every movement to see if they are lying about being at so and so’s house, she checks their speed when driving the car. I just don’t know why. They are not bad kids at all so I don’t get it. She says as long as they are under her roof then she will 🤷‍♀️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:47 pm
Yes she tracks every movement to see if they are lying about being at so and so’s house, she checks their speed when driving the car. I just don’t know why. They are not bad kids at all so I don’t get it. She says as long as they are under her roof then she will 🤷‍♀️
Wow that’s crazy especially if they have never given her a reason not to trust them. I don’t think my kids would even have a reason to lie about going to someone’s house, I’ve never had to say no to something they asked to do.

Do you know how her kids feel about it?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm Did you stop at a certain age?

I have all my kids on find my friends including my 18 yo. I don’t check it to see where they are, I trust them and have never had a reason to randomly check it. I only have it in case of an emergency. In case one of my kids was ever unreachable or god forbid went missing, at least I would have their last known location. My kids are all fine with it and feel safer knowing I have their location. It’s how I found out my oldest was in a car accident (she told me she would be home around 1am, when 1am came and went and no sign of her, I checked the app and saw that her location was stopped on the road not moving anymore). So I do it for safety/emergency purposes. How about you?
Yes I do through the find my friends on our iPhones.
I trust my kids, I just dont trust all of the other assholes in the world.
We don't stop at any age. I know where my adult kids and minor kids are at all times and they all know where we are also
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:52 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Wow that’s crazy especially if they have never given her a reason not to trust them. I don’t think my kids would even have a reason to lie about going to someone’s house, I’ve never had to say no to something they asked to do.

Do you know how her kids feel about it?
Oh of course they find it annoying. They roll their eyes. If they are going an excessive speed she calls and tells them to slow down. I suppose that is good for their safety but you have to let go at some point. But she is just way more involved with their lives/SO’s/finances than I am of my adult kids so I guess they are used to it lol.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes I do.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:56 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:39 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:35 pm

So do mine but I work in criminal investigations, so I know how critical it is to get those phone records right away if someone goes missing. That’s pretty much the only reason why I have it. I hope I will never have to use it under those circumstances but I figure better safe than sorry. Especially after it allowed me to figure out dd had been in a car accident on a rural road that not many people would be going down that time of night.
No one drives but me. Ods doesn't own a car. Honestly they don't go far. I thought about it when yds was walking home from school. Often he'd go to the store or McDonald's. But I never did. I grew up in a time where I'm not sure my parents knew where I was half the time. So I don't do it myself. Now if I was traveling from my mom's house to college she'd have me call when I got there. But that's it.
It wasn’t so much an issue when they were younger but now that they drive far distances, leave for long periods of time, come home late, etc it just makes sense for us. Dd often goes away on weekend trips to the beach with her friends. It gives me a little more peace of mind.
This exactly. My DD is 20 and a rising junior. She is home right but is in college 3.5 hours away. So when she leaves Afro school or comes home, I check periodically. Gives me piece of mind too.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My kid will be 23 this year. The only time I use the track location is when I'm expecting her home for dinner and I want to time dinner to her arrival. Usually when she is back at school and she's heading home Friday night she doesn't even make it home at dinner time because she's at the stables and then goes back to her apartment to shower and do chores like take the trash out and run the dishwasher since she and her roommate won't be back until Sunday night. But I check to see when she gets on the road 'cause I worry about her making that drive so late.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I don't yet, my kids don't go much of anywhere without me. I absolutely will when they're older, I'm a worrier and knowing I can check would help give me peace of mind. I'm considering getting my oldest a phone in case he needs to take a bus to school next year.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I have Life360 on my kids phones. I don’t actively track them. But with two drivers, I get an alert they arrived. However, they are good kids and I don’t worry too much about them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic