Do you track your kids’ location?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:39 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:35 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:31 pm No. They tell me where they're going.
So do mine but I work in criminal investigations, so I know how critical it is to get those phone records right away if someone goes missing. That’s pretty much the only reason why I have it. I hope I will never have to use it under those circumstances but I figure better safe than sorry. Especially after it allowed me to figure out dd had been in a car accident on a rural road that not many people would be going down that time of night.
No one drives but me. Ods doesn't own a car. Honestly they don't go far. I thought about it when yds was walking home from school. Often he'd go to the store or McDonald's. But I never did. I grew up in a time where I'm not sure my parents knew where I was half the time. So I don't do it myself. Now if I was traveling from my mom's house to college she'd have me call when I got there. But that's it.
It wasn’t so much an issue when they were younger but now that they drive far distances, leave for long periods of time, come home late, etc it just makes sense for us. Dd often goes away on weekend trips to the beach with her friends. It gives me a little more peace of mind.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My kids are 10 and 13 and I have no need to do that. They don't have phones and don't go anywhere without me taking them.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We use Life360. Both kids have it on their phones as well as DH & I. We got it for emergencies, but I will also use it if I cannot get a hold of one of the kids for whatever reason as well. The kids walk around town with friends a lot and it makes me feel better to have a feel for where they are without having to call them every so often.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, my kids are still young and do not have any electronic devices.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The whole family (me, mom, bro, DD and her BF) are all in a group on life 360. It was her idea and she’s almost 21. She’s on another group with her dad’s side. I don’t track her I can look to see if she’s at work and we use it to see how far someone is when we are meeting up.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I did track my oldest back when he went out by himself. I want to know where my kids are. With my ex still lurking I'm more comfortable knowing I can find them when I need to.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We all have Life360 on our phones for safety. My you fest is 14, as of yet he’s not going anywhere by himself. My oldest studies abroad and doesn’t have his smartphone with him while at school, only for travel days.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

They will soon be driving and we've talked about Life360. Something we will be doing.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not really. I think our phones have a feature that will display where the phone is.. I don’t use it to check up on her.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

No I just have never felt the need with my sons. My sister tracks my niece and nephews every movement (19 & 18) and I find it so strange.
Locked Previous topicNext topic