Keeping cool

Anonymous 1

Unread post

In an average typical summer how often do you have your air conditioner running? How much does it increase your electric bill? (I understand there are many variables I'm just hoping to get an approximate amount from a huge variety of people places and comfort levels)
thanks
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I live in a place where we can have both the heat and A/C on in the same day. In the middle of summer, our central A/C will run non stop through the day and often at night for six weeks or more.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ugh, it's a sore subject with me. We have MANY windows, which should be replaced with more energy efficient ones. We lost our front & backyard shade trees due to lightening. Our air conditioner is old and under-powered. It runs 24-7 during the summer here in Kansas, and my summer electric bill runs about $600/month, which is about double.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I live in Alabama, so our a/c is turned on all the time. Whether it is actually running is another story. We keep it set at 72 in our house, so it does run a good bit during the summer. Our house is shaded by a bunch of oak trees, so I imagine that helps with keeping house cooler. During the summer, our electric bill is runs around $250-280.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We keep our AC at around 67/68 degrees, and it runs pretty much 24/7. The electric bill is around $400 a month in the summer, and I would say about $200 of that is from the AC.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 am Ugh, it's a sore subject with me. We have MANY windows, which should be replaced with more energy efficient ones. We lost our front & backyard shade trees due to lightening. Our air conditioner is old and under-powered. It runs 24-7 during the summer here in Kansas, and my summer electric bill runs about $600/month, which is about double.
We did new windows a year or two ago. It wasn’t as expensive as I expected, and it helped a ton.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:14 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 am Ugh, it's a sore subject with me. We have MANY windows, which should be replaced with more energy efficient ones. We lost our front & backyard shade trees due to lightening. Our air conditioner is old and under-powered. It runs 24-7 during the summer here in Kansas, and my summer electric bill runs about $600/month, which is about double.
We did new windows a year or two ago. It wasn’t as expensive as I expected, and it helped a ton.
We were quoted, like 1000$ per window, for triple pain, tinted ones. We have 25. And then we'll have to re-paint the siding/house, after they are replaced, I believe. We just keep avoiding it, LOL!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We live in the burbs of Atlanta so it is hot and humid here. We have been running the a/c for a month already. We have budget billing so they take an average of our monthly usage and put it across every month..this way, we have a flat fee instead of a $500 bill one month and $50 another..we pay $118/ month year round.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:23 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:14 am
We were quoted, like 1000$ per window, for triple pain, tinted ones. We have 25. And then we'll have to re-paint the siding/house, after they are replaced, I believe. We just keep avoiding it, LOL!
Holy shit! Yeah, I’d be sticking with the old ones. 😂
We just have double pane and they have a slight tint, but definitely nothing I paid extra for. lol. The house is brick so there was nothing we needed to do as far as trim or painting. They had them done in a day and they have lifetime warranty all for 5K.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I live in an apartment with window units and there is at least one always running and its in whatever room I"m in. It can go on as soon as temps hit 60 or so. (I've had it on when it was less on occasion) I have a lot of trouble breathing when its warm esp when its humid. I could never live in the south. My bill in the summer months can get as high as $700 Non AC months its usually around $400. Although, in march I had my lowest bill ever of $229.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Locked Previous topicNext topic