Which would you have gone for?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If your dd got into a local, accredited but barely known college that was a cheap option and had the major she wanted, and a well-known, highly-ranked college that was a lot more expensive (still affordable but definitely putting financial strain) and didn’t offer the major she was interested in. Which would you think was better? Do you think the school where you get the degree from matters?
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Depends on what field she was trying to get into
Anonymous 1

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:45 pm Depends on what field she was trying to get into
CSI/FBI
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:52 pm
leadfoot40 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:45 pm Depends on what field she was trying to get into
CSI/FBI
Do they place importance on what college you graduate from? I'd think they'd give more weight to how you do at Quantico.

What I'd do actually ask around, find someone in that field, and pose the question to them to be sure she's making the choice that will provide her the best inroads. .
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would find another better option. Where you go to school is important imo. I used to be a hiring manager and I did pay attention to where people graduated from.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:22 pm If your dd got into a local, accredited but barely known college that was a cheap option and had the major she wanted, and a well-known, highly-ranked college that was a lot more expensive (still affordable but definitely putting financial strain) and didn’t offer the major she was interested in. Which would you think was better? Do you think the school where you get the degree from matters?
Obviously the school that has the major she wanted. Prestigious school or not, what is the point of attending if she has to settle for a major she has no interest in?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My dd had this happen.
She was recruited by a private College to play Lacrosse for them . Their tuition was $140,000/ yr & they were willing to give her a $20,000 scholarship.
She & I went back & forth about it, my argument was she would walk out of College with a degree & in so much debt.

She ended up going to & playing Lacrosse for a more local college .With her scholarships & financial aid , shes basically going to college for free. She has about $600-$800/semester she pays for fees not covered by her scholarship. And instead of her taking out school loans, I pay the fees & she pays me back weekly.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 am My dd had this happen.
She was recruited by a private College to play Lacrosse for them . Their tuition was $140,000/ yr & they were willing to give her a $20,000 scholarship.
She & I went back & forth about it, my argument was she would walk out of College with a degree & in so much debt.

She ended up going to & playing Lacrosse for a more local college .With her scholarships & financial aid , shes basically going to college for free. She has about $600-$800/semester she pays for fees not covered by her scholarship. And instead of her taking out school loans, I pay the fees & she pays me back weekly.
I would love to know what college costs $140,000 a year. In the US the most expensive colleges average around $60,000 for tuition and fees and room and board average $15,000. Columbia University tops the list at $61,000 for anyone interested.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:57 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 am My dd had this happen.

I would love to know what college costs $140,000 a year. In the US the most expensive colleges average around $60,000 for tuition and fees and room and board average $15,000. Columbia University tops the list at $61,000 for anyone interested.
It's a private religious College. Thanks for asking.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd let my son decide where to go. Seems to me if they don't have his major why bother?
Locked Previous topicNext topic