Whoa! Candace Owens

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:54 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:47 pm
She's not saying that what happened to him was right. She is talking to the black community to acknowledge the problem in their own community. By idolizing a man who, himself, helped bring down the black community it creates an ongoing problem. It's one thing to demand justice for his death, but at the same time everyone needs to look up and be real with themselves. And before you go on with your "check your white privilege"... I'm mixed and I have every right to be sick and tired of what's going on with the black community. There needs to be better hero's to look up to than thugs and addict's. Fight for Justice, yes. But also realize that there are things WE need to change too. His family got their justice, now it's time to make a change and start uplifting the community. And if you can't get behind that, that is racism in and of itself. The black community deserves more and that starts within, through empowerment. Empowerment comes from knowledge, actions, and change.
But who is idolizing Floyd? And I don’t hear many people denying there is a problem with Black on Black crime. The officer who killed him hasn’t even gone on trial, so his family hasn’t received justice, neither has Ahmaud Arbery‘s family.

I’ve done community outreach to address Black on Black crime and donated to causes that discourage police brutality. It’s not difficult to do both and acknowledging one isn’t denying the other.
I guess my issue with all of this is that tens of millions of people have concluded that this white cop was racist because his murder victim was black. As far as I know, we are making that assumption based on no other information outside of the race of the victim and the perpetrator. It’s a very big assumption. Maybe the cop was just a sadistic, violent, ass hole with anger issues that we never should have allowed to become a police officer.....
I won’t lie...lol....That cop is a piece of shit, so I wouldn’t feel sorry for him if he did get mislabeled as a racist. I plan to watch the trial to see the details either way.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:44 pm

But who is idolizing Floyd? And I don’t hear many people denying there is a problem with Black on Black crime. The officer who killed him hasn’t even gone on trial, so his family hasn’t received justice, neither has Ahmaud Arbery‘s family.

I’ve done community outreach to address Black on Black crime and donated to causes that discourage police brutality. It’s not difficult to do both and acknowledging one isn’t denying the other.
I guess my issue with all of this is that tens of millions of people have concluded that this white cop was racist because his murder victim was black. As far as I know, we are making that assumption based on no other information outside of the race of the victim and the perpetrator. It’s a very big assumption. Maybe the cop was just a sadistic, violent, ass hole with anger issues that we never should have allowed to become a police officer.....
I won’t lie...lol....That cop is a piece of shit, so I wouldn’t feel sorry for him if he did get mislabeled as a racist. I plan to watch the trial to see the details either way.
I absolutely agree he’s a piece of shit and I don’t care about the personal harm he would suffer from any label we want to put on him. What I’m concerned about is how the people of the United States as a whole suffer from assuming something that wasn’t racially motivated happened because of the color of the victim’s skin, KWIM?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:12 pm

I absolutely agree he’s a piece of shit and I don’t care about the personal harm he would suffer from any label we want to put on him. What I’m concerned about is how the people of the United States as a whole suffer from assuming something that wasn’t racially motivated happened because of the color of the victim’s skin, KWIM?
Whatever the kneeling cop’s personal motivations, there’s clearly a larger issue with the police force. The other 3 officers weren’t phased enough by a black man being murdered in front of them by their colleague to do anything about it, even as the man and an assembled crowd of onlookers begged for his life.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Whatever the kneeling cop’s personal motivations, there’s clearly a larger issue with the police force. The other 3 officers weren’t phased enough by a black man being murdered in front of them by their colleague to do anything about it, even as the man and an assembled crowd of onlookers begged for his life.
I absolutely think there is a strong legal, moral, and social argument to be made for charging the other three police officers with 3rd degree murder. What they did was unforgivable. That doesn’t mean it was racially motivated.

Personally, if that was happening in front of me I would have called 911. I have yet to see a story about a 911 call made by an onlooker. Perhaps they were too busy recording a man’s murder to call for help.

I haven’t and will not watch the video. I find it wrong on so many levels.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:00 pm

I absolutely think there is a strong legal, moral, and social argument to be made for charging the other three police officers with 3rd degree murder. What they did was unforgivable. That doesn’t mean it was racially motivated.

Personally, if that was happening in front of me I would have called 911. I have yet to see a story about a 911 call made by an onlooker. Perhaps they were too busy recording a man’s murder to call for help.

You find the video wrong? If so, why?

Call 911? On a cop? What do you think that would have accomplished?
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Um, it isn't about how he lived, it is 100% about how he died.

No idea who she is, nor do I care.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:34 am

I absolutely would call 911 on a police officer that was beating on a suspect that had already been subdued. My assumption is that most police officers actually went into their profession to protect and serve people. Just because there are a few assholes doesn’t mean they are all bad.

As for the video, why would anyone want to either film or watch another person’s brutal murder?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:24 pm

I absolutely would call 911 on a police officer that was beating on a suspect that had already been subdued. My assumption is that most police officers actually went into their profession to protect and serve people. Just because there are a few assholes doesn’t mean they are all bad.

As for the video, why would anyone want to either film or watch another person’s brutal murder?
People film these events so the world knows what really happened. Without the cell phone video, what evidence would you have?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:24 pm

That's naive thinking. There were already three other cops there who didn't do anything except stand by and assist the murderous cop.

Evidence. Maybe the bystanders should have jumped on the officers instead?
Locked Previous topicNext topic