What is the hardest thing your relationship has been through?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Me being taken hostage to get at his business ties.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Me having 2 very young children (and 2 older ones) and he was gone for about 3 years with the military. Had the youngest baby all by myself and DH didn't even see him the first 7 months of his life. It was so difficult. Many tears I cried. I hated life many times back then. Thankfully we made it through just fine and marriage with him has been easy other than that time. And that baby just turned 11 last week : )
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We have had multiple difficult times.

The hardest was definitely parenting our YDS during toddler & pre-school years, who has special needs. DH refused to acknowledge anything was wrong with him and this lack of denial was the cherry-on-top of an already unbalanced division of household chores & child rearing which fell to me. I think most women, smarter & less stubborn than me, would have filed for divorce, lol.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

His illnesses and death.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You name it we probably went through it. The Hardest thing to get through was probably drug addiction. Having that be an issue so early on in our relationship made it harder.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It had no ill effects on our marriage, but the death of our first born made us realize how much we needed each other.

Anything else that might ruin a couple has been nothing but an annoyance to us. We know we can get through anything together.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My daughter being stillborn after trying to have her for five years. Followed up with his dad dying of cancer while I was pregnant with our son. It was a very high risk pregnancy. I was given a 30 percent chance of him being stillborn. I needed all of him and I didn't get half of him because he needed to be with his family. I wasn't allowed near my fil. People who were around him had to change and shower before coming near me. It made things hard. I wanted to just go home to my parents and let them take care of me and let dh focus on his dad and family. He wanted me close by in case anything happened to the baby. It was hell and hard on our relationship because we had such different focuses.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

My first marriage didn't make it passed the stillbirth of our son. He blamed me for it, even though there was nothing I did that caused it. :(
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He wanted kids, and it was decided that my body couldn't take being pregnant. And we have never been stable enough financially to allow a child into our lives. We've both accepted it as reality and are dedicated to eachother regardless. Family goes through phases of being ok with it and 'poking the bear'.

We had to move in with family and rehome one of our dogs about 9 years ago. That was a huge hit to dh's ego, because he felt like a failure in transitioning to civilian life from the Army. He enrolled in school and got his AP license to work on civilian aircraft, and is now in a career he loves and keeps us afloat.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:54 pm It did not test our marriage, but the worst thing was the stillbirth of our dd Kahlan 17 years ago in May 2003.
I am truly sorry for your loss and I can not even imagine the devastation at the time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic