What is the hardest thing your relationship has been through?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know this can be a sensitive topic for some, so feel free to go anon of course. If you would like to answer, what is the most trying thing that has tested your relationship with your DH? (Could be mental health issues, financial troubles, a child's special needs, inability to get pregnant, death/grief/loss, long distance, military deployment, infidelity, lack of intimacy, religious or political differences, loss of a job, family members on either side meddling and taking a toll on the marriage, etc). I feel like DH and I have just really been through the ringer. Has anyone else had their relationship tested a lot? Were you able to work through it? Or has it pretty much been smooth sailing throughout your marriage?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Almost all of the above and we're still working on it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:04 pm Almost all of the above and we're still working on it.
Hugs. I hope it all works out for you guys.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The big things we’ve worked through are I had an emotional affair, Dh got a dui, and I was diagnosed as bipolar.

Thankfully the last couple years have been smooth sailing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

An awkward dinner with his dad's mistress. Well we didnt even make it through the whole dinner. It was like 30 minutes but it sucked.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Financial disasters one after the other. Completely devastating financial disasters.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Financial disasters one after the other. Completely devastating financial disasters.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My mental health.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When old ones died and new were born. Life was changed, disassembled, rearranged.

I know that's a song lyric but it's true.

The single hardest thing I've ever had to do is deal with the death of my Dad. I feel a little better these days but DH was a saint those first few months.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It did not test our marriage, but the worst thing was the stillbirth of our dd Kahlan 17 years ago in May 2003.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic